Windows 10 VIP Interferes With Audio And Video

rejlocal22

Hello All,
I have a vip called Surfshark and I can get my audio and video back if I disconnect it. Any ideas why this occurs? I think there is something else
that pops up occasionaly that causes the vip to interfere.

It seems you're experiencing issues with your VPN service, Surfshark, affecting your audio and video. Here's a possible explanation and some troubleshooting steps:

1. VPN Interference:
- VPNs can sometimes conflict with certain applications or services due to the way they route and encrypt internet traffic. This interference can lead to issues like disrupted audio and video playback.

2. Troubleshooting Steps:
- Disconnect and Reconnect: Try disconnecting from Surfshark when you encounter the audio/video issues to see if the problem resolves.
- Change VPN Servers: Switch to a different server within Surfshark to see if the current server is causing the interference.
- VPN Settings: Check the settings within Surfshark for any options related to multimedia traffic or split tunneling that might be affecting audio and video playback.
- Update Surfshark: Ensure that you are using the latest version of the Surfshark client to rule out any known compatibility issues.
- Contact Surfshark Support: Reach out to Surfshark's customer support for personalized assistance to troubleshoot the issue further.

3. VPN & Multimedia Apps:
- Some multimedia streaming platforms or applications may have security features that conflict with VPN services. Check if specific apps are affected by the VPN connection.

4. Hardware Acceleration:
- Disable hardware acceleration in multimedia applications or browsers, as this feature can sometimes conflict with VPN operations.

5. Network Issues:
- Sometimes, VPNs can introduce network instability that affects multimedia streaming. Ensure your network connection is stable and running smoothly without the VPN.

6. Session Persistence:
- Some VPNs might cache session data that could interfere with multimedia applications. Disconnecting, then reconnecting to Surfshark might reset this data and resolve the issue.

7. VPN Split Tunneling:
- Consider using split tunneling if Surfshark supports it. This feature allows you to select specific apps or traffic to route outside the VPN.

Try these steps to troubleshoot the audio and video issues when Surfshark is connected. If the problem persists, reaching out to Surfshark's support team for tailored assistance is recommended.

Back