Windows 7 Vista 32 with 7 64bit

skifreak76

i am looking to buy vista 32 bit home prem. with the windows 7 upgrade.
1. will i be able to get 64bit windows 7?
2. with windows 7 will i be able to dual boot both os's?? i will be anyt using two harddrives for this

i need to get vista 32 bit so i can still use my laser printer that does not have 64 bit drivers

Yes you can run 32 bit and 64 bit w7 on separate Hard drives, I am currently doing that right now. I have Vista Ultimate 32 bit on one HD and Windows 7 RC-1 on another Hard drive,
I would suggest though you get Vista Boot Pro and put the program on your systems.
Download Vista Boot Pro (free)

i am looking to buy vista 32 bit home prem. with the windows 7 upgrade.
1. will i be able to get 64bit windows 7?
2. with windows 7 will i be able to dual boot both os's?? i will be anyt using two harddrives for this

i need to get vista 32 bit so i can still use my laser printer that does not have 64 bit drivers

I'm not fully clued-in about the upgrade version but as far as I know you have to upgrade over the Vista installation, thus losing it. But you can't upgrade from 32 to 64bit anyway so it's a moot point.

Even if the drivers don't work in W7 32bit you could install Vista under Virtual PC or Virtualbox or similar and run the printer that way. It's such a waste to dual boot just for the sake of a printer when other options are available.

I'm not fully clued-in about the upgrade version but as far as I know you have to upgrade over the Vista installation, thus losing it. But you can't upgrade from 32 to 64bit anyway so it's a moot point.

Luckly that the Uk upgrade edition is in fact the FULL edition (at no extra cost i might add) so you can install fresh...thats all thanks to the EU bumbling over the browsers included etc...

Luckly that the Uk upgrade edition is in fact the FULL edition (at no extra cost i might add) so you can install fresh...thats all thanks to the EU bumbling over the browsers included etc...

Well that's cleared that up! I'll have to grab a copy myself then, good stuff! :D

Back