Windows 7 Vista 64 to win 7 32 ?

msmolt

OK I'm running a vista ultra 64 OS on a Raid 0 set up. Ive been Playing with a new install of win 7 32 bit On a different setup and have become liking it to get me to think of upgrading my vista 64 bit to win 7 32 bit can that be done ?

I don't wont to go back to a 64 bit system. because of two programs I have to have that will not work under a 64 bit OS.
Thanks for looking. One being MM
Michael

Last edited:
OK I'm running a vista ultra 64 OS on a Raid 0 set up. Ive been Playing with a new install of win 7 32 bit On a different setup and have become liking it to get me to think of upgrading my vista 64 bit to win 7 32 bit can that be done ?

I don't wont to go back to a 64 bit system. because of two programs I have to have that will not work under a 64 bit OS.
Thanks for looking. One being MM
Michael
Upgrading Vista X64 to Win X32 is impossible. You need to save your data do a clean install. Even if you could upgrade Vista, you don't want to do that from a usability standpoint (old files, etc.).

OK These just to much data to be saved. So whats your idea on a duel boot. Only reason I'm even thinking of this is because of Music Match. It works under 32 bit and its working for me under 64 bit except that my recording to CD its just crawls at a recording speed that's not usable. And Im liking Win 7

OK These just to much data to be saved. So whats your idea on a duel boot. Only reason I'm even thinking of this is because of Music Match. It works under 32 bit and its working for me under 64 bit except that my recording to CD its just crawls at a recording speed that's not usable. And Im liking Win 7
Use Disk Management in Vista or a 3rd Party Utility like Acronis to create an unpartitioned space following your Vista partition. Use the Win7 32 bit disk to do a custom (clean) install of Win7 in that unpartitioned space. You will end up with a dual-boot situation with Vista and Win7 X32. You will be able to see your data in Vista from Win7.

First off Id like to thank you for helping me here. As I just don't wont to jump in like I aways do lol.( I'm out of drives for a back up )
here's my set up
I have 2x180GB in raid 0 that make up my boot drive C: I have 150 GB free of that 300GB
1x trigabye Drive D: with 300GB free
I'm very PC Friendly . But I don't have any experience in making partitions after windows install has been done.
So a walk though would be helpful.
So I'm I suppose to make a new partition on my raid array of drive C: and use that for WIN 7 install?
or should i use the bios to control the boot order and use the D: drive with A clean WIN 7 32 Install?

First off Id like to thank you for helping me here. As I just don't wont to jump in like I aways do lol.( I'm out of drives for a back up )
here's my set up
I have 2x180GB in raid 0 that make up my boot drive C: I have 150 GB free of that 300GB
1x trigabye Drive D: with 300GB free
I'm very PC Friendly . But I don't have any experience in making partitions after windows install has been done.
So a walk though would be helpful.
So I'm I suppose to make a new partition on my raid array of drive C: and use that for WIN 7 install?
or should i use the bios to control the boot order and use the D: drive with A clean WIN 7 32 Install?
I'm not familiar with raid 0 but basically if you shrink your C: partition and make room for WIN7 on that drive, you will have an automatic dual-boot to Vista and WIN7. If you choose your D-Drive for a clean WIN7 install, you may have to use 3rd party boot software (e.g. BootItNG) to achieve your dual-boot. I think you would get tired at some point using the BIOS to choose your Operating System of Choice.

Im not sure how that works?
If i make a new partition on my boot drive like I think your saying. how will it know what OS to boot to as the new partition will have a different drive letter

Im not sure how that works?
If i make a new partition on my boot drive like I think your saying. how will it know what OS to boot to as the new partition will have a different drive letter
You will have a boot menu at boot time:

Vista
Windows 7

Back