Windows Vista Vista freezes up

alanpearce

Every now and then vista freezes up 1/on downloading logitech setpoint ,after reboot .2/ creative driver update, after reboot .3/ windows explorer siezed/locked up screen went black waited 10minutes-rebooted scrolling screen for 5 minutes black for 5 minutes then restarted then OK.had to repair after 1 & 2.My system is an AMD 5600+ ASUS M/B Nvidia 8600GT 512MB 2G DDR.Could it be AMD MultiThreading ?

Hi! Logitech Setpoint comes with drivers and software. Is this the latest version for your mouse and keyboard? Do you have the cordless wave by chance? Link Removed due to 404 Error

Every now and then vista freezes up 1/on downloading logitech setpoint ,after reboot .2/ creative driver update, after reboot .3/ windows explorer siezed/locked up screen went black waited 10minutes-rebooted scrolling screen for 5 minutes black for 5 minutes then restarted then OK.had to repair after 1 & 2.My system is an AMD 5600+ ASUS M/B Nvidia 8600GT 512MB 2G DDR.Could it be AMD MultiThreading ?

Hi alanpearce,

checkout this link on vista's 'blackscreenofdeath':

Tracking Vista's elusive 'Black Screen of Death' | Security News - Betanews

I went to the program logs and found plenty of red dots with the white cross the only event during this catastrophe was an update of windows defender .oh tonight it went Blue screen"what a joy"minimal CPU use and bang blue screen.

Back