Windows 7 VLC Media Player, Recently used files not showing up???

zirkoni

Extraordinary Member
Link Removed due to 404 Error

As you can see, the little black arrow is there but no matter how many times I click it I can't see the recently used files.

Link Removed due to 404 Error

The same thing affects the taskbar menu (or whatever you call it), only these two options are available although I have watched many videos with VLC. This is happening only with VLC Media Player and IIRC only with the few latest releases of VLC (I'm now using the latest one, v.1.1.1).

Is this a bug in VLC or is this affecting only my system?
And if it is only my system, any thoughts about how to fix it (although it's not really a big problem)?

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate.

Attachments

• vlc1v.png
    vlc1v.png
    69.9 KB · Views: 1,054
  • vlc2.png
    vlc2.png
    71.7 KB · Views: 1,020
If it is only being seen in VLC, its very likely a problem with VLC. If other applications are working fine, you may want to contact the VLC developers and see if they are aware of the issue. To save time, you may even go so far as to reference this thread.

I'm pretty sure it's NOT a problem with VLC because I just noticed that only my user account is affected.

It happened again. This time Windows Explorer was affected too. I couldn't pin folders to the explorer icon in my taskbar and previously pinned items disappeared.

I fixed the problem by deleting all files in C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations (all *.automaticDestinations-ms files) but as a result lost all explorer history/pinned items.

VLC (initially VideoLAN Client) is a highly portable multimedia player for various audio and video formats, including MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DivX, MP3, and OGG, as well as for DVDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols. It also can be used as a server for unicast or multicast streams in IPv4 or IPv6 on a high-bandwidth network.

I think I found a solution!
I know this thread is old but I wanted to share my way and how I get rid of this problem.
VLC is an astonishing bit of programming that deals with Windows, Mac, Android and iOS and is the best video application out there the present moment. It is light, plays a wide range of video and sound arrangements and offers some entirely intense instruments for making your own particular recordings. I utilize it on the entirety of my gadgets since it is that great.

HOW TO CLEAR YOUR VLC HISTORY IN WINDOWS

So back to the job needing to be done. Here is the most effective method to erase your survey history in VLC. In the event that you open VLC and select Media and Open late media, you will see a rundown of the considerable number of things you have been viewing. VLC will list ten of your past media. Give us a chance to erase them and afterward kill seeing history.

1. Open VLC and explore to Media.

2. Select Open late media.

3. Select Clear to clear the present rundown.

4. Select Tools and Preferences.

5. Discover 'Spare as of late played things' and uncheck the crate.

6. Select Save.

Presently when you return to the Media menu, you should see 'Open ongoing media' turned gray out and you will never again have the capacity to choose it.
You can find many other solutions too.

Back