Windows 7 VMWare Workstation and Player not working

boypeter99

When I try to run either workstation or player I get the message The VMWare authorisation service is not running. When I check in computer management, services, it's set to Automatic but it won't start. I get an error "service-specific code 6000002"

Anyone else get this? Anyone got past this?

I am using Win x64 and I did install VMWare 6.5.1 and it was working fine. All of a sudden, I get that same message you do now. Matter of fact, I am having alot of issues w/x64. I tried to open Disk Defrag and task manager says its running but it never appears. IE has issues for me in private mode. Rebooting seems to work w/some apps but not all.... hmm...I know its a Beta but... darco

I'm using 32bit. Everything worked fine in Vista. I need to run VMWare because I'm developing stuff for clients in XP . So I took the easy way out and went back to Vista. Pity, cos there's a lot of stuff I like in W7 :(

hmm,,,Im gonna check that out.....thxs darco **edit***..uggh..doesnt supporrt linux **edit** well actually it does and was able to load up Mint....x64 wont boot up tho.

Last edited:
Kyle, that's true -though I haven't tried it. But I'm also using vmware for running a hackintosh as well and that won't work in VPC07. Thanks anyway!

Hmm interesting. I didn't actually remove the __vmware_user__ login - I just did "net user __vmware_user__ /active:no". Maybe that was the cause of the problem - I should have left it alone!! Or done it Aaron Parker's way! Heh - or even checked the vmware website first :)

Hi darco - well I reinstalled Win7, used Aaron Parker's fix and everything is fine now :) Thanks for your help.
Pete

Hi darco - well I reinstalled Win7, used Aaron Parker's fix and everything is fine now :) Thanks for your help.
Pete

Last edited:
But exist firewood under материнку P5B
А существую ли дрова под материнку P5B

But exist firewood under maternal charge P5B
А существую ли дрова под материнку P5B

Last edited:
Hmm interesting. I didn't actually remove the __vmware_user__ login - I just did "net user __vmware_user__ /active:no". Maybe that was the cause of the problem - I should have left it alone!! Or done it Aaron Parker's way! Heh - or even checked the vmware website first :)

Pete

Pete

anytime , glad it worked for you....

darco

Back