Windows 10 Windows Media Player not working

WMP.PNG

After I updated to Windows 10 from Windows 7 today, my Windows media player won't work. It doesn't play any file (.mp3, .mp4, .avi). Everything was fine before the update.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ralph Bromley

Extraordinary Member
Try a reinstall of media player.
If that doesnt work try VLC, its a free app that can play almost any media out there, it has no adware, spyware, viruses, 30 day trail periods, email registration or any other annoyance.
VideoLAN - Official page for VLC media player, the Open Source video framework!

Yes, I already know about VLC and it is working. Can you give me the link to download windows media player. I couldn't find it.

Drone1x

Honorable Member
Yes, I already know about VLC and it is working. Can you give me the link to download windows media player. I couldn't find it.
I just gave you a link to BEST free Player on the Net budd lol :)

Ralph Bromley

Extraordinary Member
Or if you don't want a TRIAL player you can go here GOM Media Player. The only media player you need - for FREE & download GOM Player it FREE & PLAYS all Files
Enjoy !!!
Drone1x :)
GOM is ad supported and not cross platform

Anyhow Windows media player is integrated into windows, so no separate downloads for it.
I am just suggesting its possible to reset it

Drone1x

Honorable Member
GOM is ad supported and not cross platform

Anyhow Windows media player is integrated into windows, so no separate downloads for it.
I am just suggesting its possible to reset it
Sorry budd I was just TRYIN to hlp him lol

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.