Windows 7 Vostro 1400 Bluetooth Vista X64

TziTzi

So, I've read a few people who were able to get this laptops bluetooth working in vista x64, but I can't get it to work in Windows 7 x64. Dell doesnt support this line of vostros with 64 bit drivers, I have found manufacturers drivers for everything on it except for the bluetooth. I believe I found drivers for that as well, but the device manager tells me the device cannot be started. It is enabled in the bios, and when I flip the switch while windows is running, I hear the new device blip, and the device manager refreshes, but there is no new device listed for it. There is just one unknown device always present which I assume to be it.

If anyone can tear apart that confused paragraph and thinks they can help, I'd be very grateful, I don't want to have to go to 32-bit windows and not be able to fully utilize my 4Gb of ram.

Hi i understand you found all drivers except bluetooth. I have a vostro 1400 and i can't find the way to make the pc speakers work. I have sound only if i connect external speakers or headset. do you have any tip?

thsnk you

oh wow, its been about 6 months... So it works with speakers/headphones in, but not with the built in?

I'd download and run an ubuntu live CD or another linux distro live CD and boot with one of those. That way you can be sure that you have good hardware. If you're sure the speakers work fine then you can try
Link Removed due to 404 Error

If that doesn't work, then I'm not sure, I have been running 32 bit since I couldn't find the bluetooth stack that would work.

Hi, thanks for the kind replay,
I found the way for the sound and the touchpad software to make use of the up-down feature.
For both issues I downloaded driver and soft from a xps m1530 using windows vista 64bits and it works like a charm... :)
I wonder if you could do the same with the bluetooth :confused:

Good luck

Back