Windows 7 W7 - black screen before i can even enter bios

tictac

W7 - black screen before i cant even enter bios

Hey all, I've signed up because my W7 is beeing a pain..
I had vista on my laptop installed when i got it, then when windows 7 came out my mom gave me her W7 upgrade, eveything was fine untill yesterday. I changed some settings in BF:BC2 beta (game) and it ran a lot smoother so I was happy, then suddenly my laptop froze up, and I was like .. k well no problem, I'll just reboot. So I hold the power button and and started it back up, nothing, not even a loading screen. So I kept rebooting and rebooting and rebooting, after like 1 - 2hours it gave me a message that windows was unable to start windows 7 and if I wanted to repair or if i wanted to start normally. I chose repair and it was fine again, I started the game since I thought well it fixed it so I can just play it normally, wrong.... it froze again and now about 24 hours later my laptop hasn't given me the message, is there ANY way to trigger this? I've triede putting the windows 7 upgrade CD (home premium) but it doesn't load, I've tried the ultimate upgrade cd that i got from school but also doesn't work..... I can't enter the bios it's jut a blank screen :/.

Can ANYONE pleeeeaaaase help me... thx :)

Last edited:
Hey all, I've signed up because my W7 is beeing a pain..
I had vista on my laptop installed when i got it, then when windows 7 came out my mom gave me her W7 upgrade, eveything was fine untill yesterday. I changed some settings in BF:BC2 beta (game) and it ran a lot smoother so I was happy, then suddenly my laptop froze up, and I was like .. k well no problem, I'll just reboot. So I hold the power button and and started it back up, nothing, not even a loading screen. So I kept rebooting and rebooting and rebooting, after like 1 - 2hours it gave me a message that windows was unable to start windows 7 and if I wanted to repair or if i wanted to start normally. I chose repair and it was fine again, I started the game since I thought well it fixed it so I can just play it normally, wrong.... it froze again and now about 24 hours later my laptop hasn't given me the message, is there ANY way to trigger this? I've triede putting the windows 7 upgrade CD (home premium) but it doesn't load, I've tried the ultimate upgrade cd that i got from school but also doesn't work..... I can't enter the bios it's jut a blank screen :/.

Can ANYONE pleeeeaaaase help me... thx :)
I don't know if this will help but sometimes with a laptop it does. Disconnect it from the external power source, then remove the battery, wait for a few minutes, replace the battery, plug it back into the wall and see if it will boot.

Hey,

thanks for your reply.
Bit I just tried that I also tried letting the pc run for a while with some external HDD's and a external laptop cooler so the battery would run dead, also didn't work :-/ over 24 hours now, I'm really getting frustrated :frown:

Hey,

thanks for your reply.
Bit I just tried that I also tried letting the pc run for a while with some external HDD's and a external laptop cooler so the battery would run dead, also didn't work :-/ over 24 hours now, I'm really getting frustrated :frown:
So, the problem is, your laptop is running and you can't see anything on the screen? I'm sure you've already tried adjusting the contrast and brightness using FN key combos and the key combo that supports external and or multiple monitors?

Well, it runs but I got a packerd bell, and you always see a "loading" screen saying packard bell and press "f2" (or something) to enter bios, before that "loading screen" it just "freezes", I don't think it's the screen since I had a "fix" before it saw it couldnt run windows, but it hadn't popped up anymore :/

Well, it runs but I got a packerd bell, and you always see a "loading" screen saying packard bell and press "f2" (or something) to enter bios, before that "loading screen" it just "freezes", I don't think it's the screen since I had a "fix" before it saw it couldnt run windows, but it hadn't popped up anymore :/
Do you have an option to attach an external monitor just to check if somehow by sheer coincedence you back light went south on the built in screen?
So I suppose tapping the F2, F10, F12, F8 keys as the computer is apparently booting doesn't produce any results?

I've spammed almost any button on my keyboard, no doesn't work :/.
I'll see if I can attach an old monitor to it and see if that works, or the lighting. But I'll doubt that, thanks for your help so far btw :)

PS; yes I can adjust the colour a bit bij FN colour ^ or down, but it just makes the black darker or lighter
PS(2); don't have an monitor I can use :/

Last edited:
Back