Windows 7 W7 Live Mail incoming photos

Aldridge

Hi Folks this is my first entry to the forum, I now have W7 and I am very happy with the system, one little item I find disconcerting is the fact the in W7 live mail photos from friends are all coming in as attachments, in my old mail set up some of the photos used to come in in the body of the email, what i have found is that in some cases when I go to Forward the same email the new screen shows the photos in the body of the email ready to be sent which seems strange, i would like the photos [where possible] to arrive in the body of the email so that it is easier to "save as" ............I have checked through the options and did not find anything pertaining to this problem.anyone help?/

Regards Aldridge

Welcome to the Forum Aldridge,

In Live mail click tools>options>read tab. Uncheck read mail in plain text.

If the above menu toolbar isn't visible type alt+M to bring up a menu where you can force the menubar.

Hi Frank, thanks for the help, have changed as suggested, will wait and see what difference it makes , much appreciated

Aldridge

Send an email to yourself with photos attached to see if this works.
I checked it that way myself with or without the "plain text"option selected.

I you have an email saved with photos attached open them in Live Mail and see if it works like you want it.

Hi Frank, have tried some saved emails and all is well, photos in the email body, will send a photo to myself a little later as the evening is moving on here, as you can guess I am no whizz at this game but love W7. there are one or two avenues to go down when looking into W7 but enjoying the every minute, thanks again

Aldridge

Glad it worked out for you. I've been using Win 7 since the public beta release last Jan. and have all but stopped using XP.
I've had a multiboot setup since the beta with XP and Win 7 on the same hard drive.
I think when the first Service Package is released later this year
I'll do a clean install and get rid of XP for good.

Last edited:
Glad it worked out for you. I've been using Win 7 since the public beta release last Jan. and have all but stopped using XP.
I've had a multiboot setup since the beta with XP and Win 7 on the same hard drive.
I think when the first Service Package is released later this year
I'll do a clean install and get rid of XP for good.
I started with the Beta about the same time you did Frank. I got rid of XP Pro x64 Edition when I installed the RC. I could never go back to XP at this point.

Back