Windows 7 Want to Remove Sign in and Hard Drive Password

wilhelm1

I had to re-install my Laptop to out of the Box condition. During that time, I was asked to key in a password, I did and also somewhere along the line, it requested a password for my Hard Drive which I had installed new, it is a solid state drive. It is win 7 and a Toshiba Satellite A665 laptop. Have tried and no luck so far. Since I am only one on LT, see no need for PW's and it is annoying.

If you sign in with a local account. Open an elevated command prompt and type net user <username> "" and that will blank out your password. If your username is in the form of an email address [email protected]. Then you will need to press Windows key + i > Accounts and click the link "Sign in with a local account". After you reboot run the net user command.

Sorry for not getting right back to you. I tried to do what you said but no luck. Was able to get to command prompt and put in as you said including the <username> with and without the brackets, that open up all of the information of my computer. Like can I change my password etc. Don't know how to make the change. I use the password "bill" and the password "billpc" for the hard drive. If I just turned on the computer once a day then it would not bother me but I turn my computer on and off sometimes 6 to 10 times a day.

Sorry, I thought you were on Windows 10 for some reason. If you're trying to remove the password on this screen.
win7logon.png

Then log in, then click the start button and type cmd. Right click command prompt and choose "Run as Administrator"
win7_2.png

win7_4.png

Then if your user were test, type net user test ""
win7_3.png

You should have no logon password now.

Did not work. It does not have a start picture asking for a password like you show. I get a small blue rectangular block asking for the password. then I get the same thing asking for the HD password then I am in. I am beginning to think that this problem is with the Toshiba program.

Last edited:
I had 2 un-wanted passwords. Now that I downloaded Win 10, I have three (3) passwords that I have to use to get into my laptop.
What a pain the butt. Really love computers NOT.

Back