Windows 7 Want to stream content from one computer to many computers on a LAN

Davo75

Hi Everyone,

I want to stream content over a LAN. One computer will act as the "content host" and one or more computers will act as "content clients".

Is there any software that can stream content from one computer to several computers. My network contains DHCP addresses, and it is comprised of Windows 7 x64 Professional Computers.

Ideally the "content streaming" solution will be compatible with Multiple Operating Systems.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Davo

I have moved this thread to the appropriate location to help you get replies. Next time you start a thread, please be sure to take a moment to see where it should go.

Thank you and welcome to Windows7Forums.com :)

Hi Everyone,

I want to stream content over a LAN. One computer will act as the "content host" and one or more computers will act as "content clients".

Is there any software that can stream content from one computer to several computers. My network contains DHCP addresses, and it is comprised of Windows 7 x64 Professional Computers.

Ideally the "content streaming" solution will be compatible with Multiple Operating Systems.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Davo
Davo;
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Have you looked into the media streaming options available through Windows Media Player 12. While it may not be a cross platform solutions across multiple OSs, if as you have indicated your network is presently "comprised of Windows 7 Professional Computers" it may be a solution that will work for your network.
Take a look at the following Microsoft Article, watch the video and see what you think.
Getting started with media streaming
Keep us posted.
Regards
Randy

Back
Top Bottom