Windows 7 Windows 7, Outlook 2010 Beta - copy contacts from one computer to another

silverman

Honorable Member
Hi, I need some urgent help please. I have had a Toshba laptop X500-10T since the begining of the year, I has has a fault since new and I have been sent a replacement that seems to be working fine. (X500-116) I had created a large contact file and a diary - I need to copy the files that have my contacts list and the diary. The problem is I don't know where or what type of files thay are. I have downloaded the Office 2010 Beta till the full version is available.

I have an external hard drive and thought I had backed up everthing so the task would be simple. I have got all the .pst files back on my new laptop but can't see my contacts or my diary. Any suggestions. Perhaps the contact file and diary are not .pst files. The problem is the old laptop is being collected first thing tomorrow morning.

Hi, I need some urgent help please. I have had a Toshba laptop X500-10T since the begining of the year, I has has a fault since new and I have been sent a replacement that seems to be working fine. (X500-116) I had created a large contact file and a diary - I need to copy the files that have my contacts list and the diary. The problem is I don't know where or what type of files thay are. I have downloaded the Office 2010 Beta till the full version is available.

I have an external hard drive and thought I had backed up everthing so the task would be simple. I have got all the .pst files back on my new laptop but can't see my contacts or my diary. Any suggestions. Perhaps the contact file and diary are not .pst files. The problem is the old laptop is being collected first thing tomorrow morning.

your .pst file should contain everything calendar and contacts ?

from outlook go to file\account settings data tab and make sure you have made your .pst file the default ?

Hi Ickymay,

Many thanks for the quick reply - all sorted.

I had two files one Outlook.pst and another Outlook1.pst The Outlook.pst was the only one showing from outlook data tab and it was selected as the default. I selected and "removed" Outlook.pst then clicked on "add" and managed to obtain Outlook1.pst and set it as the default. I now have my full address book and calendar.

I don't know what Outlook.pst was, but it does not seem to miss it.

Great many thanks to you.

Hi Ickymay,

Many thanks for the quick reply - all sorted.

I had two files one Outlook.pst and another Outlook1.pst The Outlook.pst was the only one showing from outlook data tab and it was selected as the default. I selected and "removed" Outlook.pst then clicked on "add" and managed to obtain Outlook1.pst and set it as the default. I now have my full address book and calendar.

I don't know what Outlook.pst was, but it does not seem to miss it.

Great many thanks to you.

Outlook.pst is the default one created on first setup ;)

glad your sorted :cool:

Back
Top Bottom