Windows 7 WARCRAFT 3 Lag on Windows 7 64 bit

Joe De Britto

Dear peoples,

Recently I bought a Laptop Asus A42F with these specs:

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100226-1909)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer INC.
System Model: K42F
BIOS: BIOS Date: 06/15/09 18:50:05 Ver: 08.00.10
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 350 @ 2.27GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
Memory: 2048MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 1902MB RAM

Display Devices
---------------
Card name: Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator HD
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip type: Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator HD (Core i3)
DAC type: Internal
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0046&SUBSYS_17021043&REV_12
Display Memory: 726 MB
Dedicated Memory: 32 MB
Shared Memory: 694 MB
Current Mode: 1366 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)

I guessed that these specs are enough to play Warcraft 3 (Dota precisely). But in the middle of the game, the game is experiencing HEAVY LAGS, and spikes. I tried to run the program in administrator, disable desktop composition, increase my virtual memory, but nothing change. It remains lag and spike everytime i play, and this annoys me a lot. Any suggestions and advices guys ?

Thanks
:p

Aside from having an Intel GPU which isn't really suited for 3d games, I'd be looking along the lines of checking drivers are current, firewall rules for the game are done for in & outbound traffic if you are playing multiplayer, and then a good old Defrag. Also maybe check out Gamebooster which can temporarily disable services that may have an impact.

Aside from having an Intel GPU which isn't really suited for 3d games, I'd be looking along the lines of checking drivers are current, firewall rules for the game are done for in & outbound traffic if you are playing multiplayer, and then a good old Defrag. Also maybe check out Gamebooster which can temporarily disable services that may have an impact.

While i agree with you on Intel GPU's not being the best for 3D games, im using Windows 7 Professional With an Intel GPU and a Intel Pentium Dual Core CPU, and Warcraft 3 TFT runs fine for me, as so does world of warcraft , just saying :).. i do have the same advice as him, check for newer drivers.

Take Care.

Back