Windows 7 Web browser and theme problem

amberfirefly

Hi,

I reckon that I must have changed some setting somewhere - when viewing websites (in Firefox or explorer), all websites seem to have lost their formatting - they are white with few graphics, and plain boxes around text. Does anyone know what needs to be changed to get this back to normal web viewing?

Also, even if I try to change the theme through the control panel, there is no change to anything other than the desktop image. The appearance of the windows stays the same ugly chrome colour! I'm running Windows 7 on an HP Envy laptop...

Thanks!

Amber

Could you take a picture with the snipping tool and attach using the paperclip on Advanced replies?

Do you remember what area you were changing settings in when this happened, or some software you were using?

And this is only browser windows, and not other types?

For now, did you right click the desktop, select personalize and see if you had one of the basic themes selected? If not, have you tried going back to the Windows 7 Basic theme and then retrying others?

There is also something in the Ease of access that allows for using the left ALT + left Shift + Print Screen to turn on and off basic display.

Last edited:
Additionally, if the issue is only impacting your browser(s) you may want to try resetting IE to it's default settings and see if that helps to correct the issue.
How to reset Internet Explorer settings
My recommendation would be to use the manual fix through the control panel with the browser closed.
Welcome to the forums and keep us posted.
Regards
Randy

Back