Webcam black screen

TsAmE

Hi all. I am using a Novero Solana laptop with an intergrated webcam. I tried testing the webcam in Skype but it shows black screen (I even tried changing brightness, contrast etc in Skype). In device manager under Imaging devices-USB camera the details are:

*Driver provider: Microsoft
*Driver version: 6.2.9200.16384

It also says "This device is working properly". I clicked "Update driver" but still says up-to-date.:upset:

I tried checking for drivers on the Novero homepage but there was nothing but "Novero software update tool". I loaded it and it only had software updates for Novero bluetooth devices. :dread:

I have tried searching for a generic webcam driver but haven't had any luck :apologetic:. Help would be much appreciated.

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Microsoft MVP

TsAmE

Hi,

once you have your webcam up and running open skype and go into the options section as you may need to tweak the settings. This FAQ might prove helpful as well:

https://support.skype.com/en/category/VIDEO/?intsrc=client-_-windows-_-6.0-_-go-help.faq.video
I tried tweaking the settings but it didnt changing anything. I checked the FAQ but I have already done each Q (already updated DirectX etc) but still black screen:apologetic:

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.