Windows 7 Webcam image is upside down. How do I fix this?

Britt

I am having a webcam issuel. I have an Asus K60i running windows 7 and my webcam image is upside down. I am using my webcam on skype and I dont know how to find on my computer any settings so that I can fix this problem. Could the camera have been installed upside down??? Thanks. I hope someone able to help, this is driving me crazy since i am trying to talk to my brother who is in Afghanistan.

Did you try slightly moving your camera (if possible) to see if the picture is any better at different angles?

1. See if your ASUS webcam software has an option to flip/adjust camera frames (e.g. options => video Capture Filter > flip the image)

2. Download and reinstall with latest windows 7-compatible driver

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Forum-

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Well I dont have software for it or I dont know what its called. I have tried to find ANYTHING that will help me and I cant. And where would I found the latest driver?? I have found something from asus but none are working they are just files

If you have a zipped driver, then unpack it to a folder. Then go to Control Panel > System > Device manager > right click on your web cam > update driver > from hard drive > browse to your folder with the driver.

What is a zipped driver? Sorry, Im so illiterate. I also cant even uninstall it to try to do what you said. It just keeps telling me that its up to date even after restarting

Last edited:
*** TRIED but NOTHING WORKED ***

I am a small business owner who purchased 20 ASUS U50F & K60I (K60IJ) from a major electronic outlet last month. Well, they all have this webcam 'up-side-down' issue. I don't know how ASUS QA department actually let such thing occured. The driver loaded by Windows (7 x64) since ASUS' support site has absolutely no fixes for this - The PID #s of the webcams don't match with the drivers that ASUS uploaded so these ASUS drivers are really useless n caused more confusions for people (doesn't even allow you to install once downloaded) & therefore, if you modify the INFO file to flip the camera, still won't work. I contacted ASUS last Tuesday June 15 & 1 one week has passed with no follow up from ASUS (promised 48hours)....I always preferred ASUS' products, but now I have to think twice about buying an ASUS...

Already tried:
- Flip machine around many times, hoped the built-in auto flip correct the problem itself
- Couldn't find correct drivers (well, as mentioned above, nothing match with Hardware installed --- ASUS posted 5 useless ones)
- Modified info file to flip the camera
- Couldn't find option within Windows to rotate camera
- ASUS has no fix files & technical support dept has not provided solution after 1 wk.

Frustrated

I ended up bringing the computer to best buy's Geek Squad for another issue and I mentioned the driver issue with the camera and they fixed it in 2 minutes at no charge. They seemed to know how to do it since it worked and I have not had any problem since.

I know a quick and simple solution to this problem... just installing a third party software called "ManyCam" which is a freeware that you can find "Click Here"

Just download and install it... go to "Sources" and just click on the "Flip" symbol... then, if you want to keep using "Messenger" or any other video chat software, just go to the setting drop down box "Camera and Video Setup" and select "ManyCam" instead of the "USB Camera".

It worked for me...

maybe naughty Asus been shipping Australian components...lol

1.Open Device Manager
2.Open Imaging Devices
3.Right click on USB 2.0 and open properties.
4.Open Details and in property click on Hardware Ids to find PID Number for your web camera for example:USB\VID_04F2&PID_B1E5&mi_00.
5.Go on ASUSTEK website and download the camera driver looking for the real driver using the PID from your computer.
6.After downloading of Driver,first Uninstall the previous version of camera driver and restart the computer to take effect this Uninstall.
7.And finally You can install the Driver what You download.
This is for ASUS K52N and I know,because I had same problem with upside down image/video on web camera.
Thank You.

I am having a webcam issuel. I have an Asus K60i running windows 7 and my webcam image is upside down. I am using my webcam on skype and I dont know how to find on my computer any settings so that I can fix this problem. Could the camera have been installed upside down??? Thanks. I hope someone able to help, this is driving me crazy since i am trying to talk to my brother who is in Afghanistan.
Webcam Upside Down - Solutions for Webcam Upside Down Issue

Back