Windows 7 WEI error on disc performance

jasyn

hi all i've finally joined the windows 7 bandwagon so pardon my n00bness. i've been tryin to figure out how to get a WEI score (which yes, I know some will say it's pointless), but i just want to have it. the problem i'm running into is this error with the disc performance.

9245882 (3804) - winsat\main.cpp:1775: > Run Assessment disk -scen 2009 -drive E:
9245882 (3804) - storage\diskprof.cpp:0283: Error: Failed to properly assess the disk.
The parameter is incorrect.

i don't know why it's scanning the E drive which is one of my storage drives which i've setup programdata and program files to go to through registry.

i have my ssd (c:\) for just OS.

Last edited:
I don't use WEI but I read the following possible solution:

the problem was fixed by hard setting the environmental variables to
E:\Windows\Temp instead of %SYSTEMROOT%\Temp &
%USERPROFILE%\MyUser\AppData\Local\Temp to E:\Users\MyUser\AppData\Local\Temp

WEI Must have been confused and using the Temp directory and trying to store files on one drive while measure the speed of the system drive not knowing it was a different physical drive.

I don't use WEI but I read the following possible solution:

the problem was fixed by hard setting the environmental variables to
E:\Windows\Temp instead of %SYSTEMROOT%\Temp &
%USERPROFILE%\MyUser\AppData\Local\Temp to E:\Users\MyUser\AppData\Local\Temp

WEI Must have been confused and using the Temp directory and trying to store files on one drive while measure the speed of the system drive not knowing it was a different physical drive.

while i dont see a %SYSTEMROOT%\Temp in my environmental variables, i did have the %USERPROFILE%\MyUser\AppData\Local\Temp and switched it over to my secondary but still got the issue. should i add the %SYSTEMROOT%\Temp?

It can't hurt to add it. It's just defining where your Temp folder is. If it doesn't help, get back to us and I'll try to search for more solutions.

Back
Top Bottom