Windows 10 Welcome to the Windows 10 Technical Preview Discussion

Mike

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Welcome to the Windows 10 Technical Preview Discussion area!

As we move closer to a Windows 10 release, it has become apparent that new sections will need to be added for our members, early pre-release testers, and enthusiasts. Please enjoy using this section. As more time and effort is placed into this area, more information can be added.

Please, specifically see this thread for all of the information you may find informative about Windows 10:

http://windowsforum.com/threads/windows-10-tech-preview.197543/

And, of course, for those interested in what Windows 10 is, you can visit the official Microsoft website for this information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview

Welcome to the conversation!

When they removed the regular version of Internet Explorer from the start page, I gave up. Hope they put it back someday.

hi........welcome to this fourm site here you can find lots of things.................
. thankyou

hi........welcome to this fourm site here you can find lots of things.................
. but I dont understand yours problum so pls ask to some one els. thankyou

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
follow the arrows:
update1.jpg

Then
update 2.jpg

You'll then see windows Update. You cannot do much apart from click to see if there's an update and get it to notify it needs to restart. Much has changed and not for the better but that's just my opinion.

I really don't want to argue, specially not with you, but is not the start menu as presented in build 9962, perfect match between the two worlds of PC and tablet?

I don't see that I said it was - lol. It is just an old start menu - nothing to do with Windows Tech previews.

This is, of course, for those who would like to keep the Desktop (not tablet) with something like Windows 7 had. It works alongside the Build menu, with its own icon, so nothing is lost.

Each to their own;
Screenshot (15).png
Screenshot (16).png

As for that bottle blond so and so… seams she dislikes Aussies so I told her to piss off my task bar and I have the programs list by my clock because I find that less invasive.
Screenshot (17).png

Possible vmware bug:
Screenshot (290).png

I have tools installed and just spotted the v-machine thinks my battery is flat... which its not. I have wmware 10 and there is a new one out but I wonder if anyone else has this issue.

That's is a bug noted in the list provided by MS (half-way down):
Here is Microsoft’s list of known issues:

• After installing this build, you may see a boot selection menu each time you reboot your PC. This is because a bug where a second boot option is persisted to uninstall the Windows 10 Technical Preview and roll back to the previous OS installed. When you get to this screen, if you do nothing it will automatically boot to the Windows 10 Technical Preview within 30 seconds by default or you can choose it on your own. Don’t worry, this behavior is only temporary.
  • Xbox Live enabled games that require sign-in will not launch correctly. If you see the below dialog box the game requires Xbox Live sign-in. A fix for this will be distributed via WU shortly after the release of Build 9926.
  • Battery icon shows on lock screen of PCs without batteries.
  • Tiles on the Start menu show truncated app names (such as the Windows Feedback app).
  • Remote Desktop has some painting issues that result in tiled pixelation.
  • Connected Standby enabled devices like Surface Pro 3 may experience shorter than expected battery life.
  • In Cortana, reminders can’t be edited and more complex reminders might not get created. The first reminder you create in Cortana in this build might not pop up, but subsequent ones will. Completed reminders also don’t move to the History page in Cortana’s Notebook.
  • The Music app will disappear if minimized within 16 seconds of launch. Just leave it in the foreground for 20 seconds or so and it should work just fine.
  • Occasionally, the Start Menu is improperly registered and will fail to launch.

You may run into new issues yourself, and some may be unique to your specific hardware, but regardless, we suggest you report any additional issues to Microsoft.
ref:
http://www.winbeta.org/news/here-list-known-issues-you-may-face-windows-10-jtp-build-9926

Yes thanks Kemical, I did a bit of digging as well... it isn't just a vmware thing as Hyper-v shows the same error.

I must say, for a system that they claim will use less I find this last build a shit... takes forever and a day to do a clean install.

Yes thanks Kemical, I did a bit of digging as well... it isn't just a vmware thing as Hyper-v shows the same error.

I must say, for a system that they claim will use less I find this last build a s'' takes forever and a day to do a clean install.

I kept quiet on that one. I use old equipment for tests - Helps to put it through its paces. With Windows 8 I got hammered on the forums for commenting disparagingly, on install times, so, ditto this build. Cant really remember Windows 7 anymore, but this, over recent months, was the longest install ( to Desktop) I have experienced.. Anyone disagreeing, and you are welcome, please include the huge time from booting into the DVD, that it takes to put the program into memory and check your equipment.- About 7 minutes for me.

Each to their own;
View attachment 29150 View attachment 29151
As for that bottle blond so and so… seams she dislikes Aussies so I told her to piss off my task bar and I have the programs list by my clock because I find that less invasive.
View attachment 29152
That nasty "I'am afraid I'm not available to help in your region" window snapped on to the IE window that happened to be on the screen that time and stayed there, no way to refresh. Weird.....

Is it stable?

No but the word is there is a new one due out soon.

Does it crash and if so, from what and how often?

Lots of dirrect X driver issues with g-card and sound... not something Microsoft has much exp with... the network tools are solid.

8 had/has a "hidden window" above the actual desktop in z-order which caused issues with hotlinking. That, above all, is the one thing I am hoping is gone..

By design, and not going anywhere!

Woah, that looks fn sicc. That pond is beggin for splicons... Is that just a wallpaper or something running over it?

Thanks the space background is an old brice design I made with 3d max (years ago) and the island is mostly steam punk bits and bobs from the DeviantArt website layered into photoshop... happy to post the psd so you can play with it when I'm finished work mate.

Edit: two links;

1. The basic psd files zipped with 7z (4.6mb)
2. The full set of files with extra junk also zipped with 7z... big file warning (95mb)

Last edited:
Back