Windows 7 Welcome to the Windows 7 Forums

Re: [langtitle=nl]Re: Welcome to the Windows 7 Forums[/langtitle]

hello everyone just signed up today

Just registered. Looks like a nice site, already recognize a few people on here. Some of you may already know me as well from other forums and from DeviantART btw :)

Welcome, good to have you here!:victorious:

Just registered. Looks like a nice site, already recognize a few people on here. Some of you may already know me as well from other forums and from DeviantART btw :)
Welcome Bo. Glad to see you over here. What took you so long.

I'm new as well , seems rather civilised on here *makes mental note to behave myself on here* :black_eyed:

Welcome Rule34. Glad to have you here.

Hi: I heard something the other day from an administrator that concerns me. Can you tell me if I add a domain account to the local administrators group in a Windows 7 Pro machine, does that enable the user access to the domain administrator group?

Hi: I heard something the other day from an administrator that concerns me. Can you tell me if I add a domain account to the local administrators group in a Windows 7 Pro machine, does that enable the user access to the domain administrator group?
No it does not. It is not uncommon to add Domain Users to an elevated Local User Group such as the Local Administrators Group as it can help when it comes time to install updates or other software as well as hardware devices like printers.
The Domain Administrators group is automatically a member of the Local Administrators group, for Domain joined computers but it does not work backwards, Local Administrators are just Local Administrators as it pertains to that specific computer.

My first time.
Hello everyone :)

I recently migrated from XP to W7.

W7 is very pretty but I was shocked by the behavior of the folder windows. They have lost their memory.

In XP I was able to arrange my desktop with multiple folders opened in particular positions and shapes for my particular requirements. The new situation is crippling my work rate.

So.

What I need is to find out how to write a script that opens named folders in in defined positions, sizes and states, (ie, in list mode), on startup.

Can anybody tell me if this is possible to do? If it is, which scripting language would be best?

And ...

How do I get started?

I know this is a tall order but I'm hoping that one of you is a scripting genius with the patience to help me through the first steps.

A simple example would be brilliant!

Thank you for your kind attention :)

julianbury

[Link removed]

I just joined. I bought a new computer last week and Windows 7 is new to me. Every time I searched for help "Windows 7 Forum" always showed up and gave me good answers. So here I am and thank you!

Hello Dawter,
2a99y0o.jpg
to Windows 7 Forums, glad to have you aboard.

Glad to hear that our forum has been able to help.

Regards
Don

New to Windows 7 and the forums. Been using XP for the past 6+ years and decided I needed a change. My other half has a Windows 7 laptop AND desktop and I'm not allowed to use either so I'm using an old XP laptop that was given to me with a broken screen and I've hooked up and old 16" Acer monitor. Hoping to get a new desktop by the years end.

Back