Windows 8 Welcome to Windows 8 Forums

Mike

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Hello. I’d like to give everyone a proper welcome to Windows 8 Forums. When technology like this is in its infancy, not too many people are interested in something they can’t see. But the people who come here certainly are, and that is a great sign. In the meantime, we can celebrate the birth of a new forum site. With time, more and more screenshots of the new operating system are likely to leak, and we will get an inside view into what is going on with Windows 8.

I am aware that many of you are here from Windows 7 Forums and other sites, so welcome aboard. We probably have a few years to go, so let’s find out as much as we can.

I long for the simplicity and reliability of my `Ole`Black telephone, but innovation surrounds us, and discovering new horizons in education, medicine, and artistic expression that come from being able to integrate use of a smartphone with an ultra-thin, touch screen notebook that has a quod core processor, that’s exciting. I’m look forward to getting help migrating from Win 7 32-bit to Win 8 64-bit, from my beloved IE 8 with iGoogle to Google Chrome, and probably from email to Gmail. It’s nice to be here.

I long for the simplicity and reliability of my `Ole`Black telephone, but innovation surrounds us, and discovering new horizons in education, medicine, and artistic expression that come from being able to integrate use of a smartphone with an ultra-thin, touch screen notebook that has a quod core processor, that’s exciting. I’m look forward to getting help migrating from Win 7 32-bit to Win 8 64-bit, from my beloved IE 8 with iGoogle to Google Chrome, and probably from email to Gmail. It’s nice to be here.

Hello KCav,
2a99y0o.jpg
to Windows 8 Forums, glad to have you aboard.

Don

Hey all! I see some familiar Screen names, ;) And lots of new one's as well, which is always a good thing! :) Glad to be here, I miss the glory days at Windows7forums.com! ;)

Hey Radenight,

Long time no see! Great to see you posting again... :)

Hey all! I see some familiar Screen names, ;) And lots of new one's as well, which is always a good thing! :) Glad to be here, I miss the glory days at Windows7forums.com! ;)

Glad to see you again, Radenight. It's been too long! Cheers from Nova Scotia :)

Hello :)
I am new here, and I am happy to be able to have the new Windows 8 :) I really like the new "Metro" style and the appstore. I am quite a Microsoft fan (my dad used to work in Microsoft some time a go). I have a Windows phone 7.5 (Nokia Lumia 800), and I am waiting for a Tablet with Windows 8 to be on sale in my country (Czech republic). I hope i will be able to answer some questions. :)

Adam (14 yrs.)

Hi Adam, welcome to the Win 8 Forum. I also hope you are successful in answering some questions. That would certainly make life easier for use "Auld Pharts". LOL

Using Windows 8 RT version. Joined this forum to know more about windows 8 discussing with other respectable members.

Back