What are normal cpu temps?

musiclover2000

Last week my computer shutdown from going to hot. I replaced the thermal paste and that helped some. Tonight I performed a stress test on my cpu from intel extreme tuning utulity for 2 min The temps were 91, 99, 88, 99 When not under stress the cores temps fluctuate but are around 61, 67, 70, 80

I realize those stress temps are very high. The cpu passed the test, but are those temps anything to worry about? Would you recommend I replace my heatsink? I'm using a program called core temp.

I'm running windows 7 with 2 GB memory and core i5 intel processor This is a computer I built in 2009

Thank you

Hi Normal CPU Temps! You may have
more replies latter!;)
What should be the temperature of my computer processor?

www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000687.htm

upload_2016-4-21_21-35-1.png

You are very welcome! Welcome to Windows forum. Hope to see you around. We have some great people here and I'm sure you will like it here.
Join in on the threads.:beer_mug: You may get more replies latter from other members!

What help me lower my temperatures was when I built my computer in 2012 I found a case that I could add up to four more fans. With that said my temps dropped quite a bit. I did put 2 140mm fans on the top and 1 120mm fan on the side. The fan on the side is drawing air in and the two on top is sucking it out. Here are what my temps are right now at the present. The core does go up when watching videos or playing online games but never has gone over 50. I have i5 2500k processor.

Capture4.PNG

Thank you holdum333, I clean mine out once a month using compressed air. I did use a air compressor to clean my computers out but it crapped out on me so back to canned air. lol

Last edited:
Thank you my friend! I'm afraid I don't clean mine out that often; but I do monitor the temps and turn it up side down to look to see if there is any thing clogging my vents often!
Thanks for your replies my friend. Is this a great forum or what?;):)

If you have a cat or pet; you need to check the vents more often.:rofl: I had to put my old cat down after 14 years. I loved that cat, but it was the best thing for me to do. A little off topic, but Mike will understand.:);)
Good night friend!

Back
Top Bottom