Windows 7 What browser are you using?

What browser are you using?

• Total voters
Firefox 3.1 Beta 2.

IE 8 on Windows 7 although I hate the fact that the thumbnail preview does not work when I hover over it in the task bar.

Maxthon 2 user here. Its kinda a mix between IE and Firefox.

Started using it when it was called IE2, before IE had tabbed browsing and Firefox still had compatibility problems. Still love it. :)

Opera 10 alpha, build 1139. So far rock solid in Windows 7 beta. I've been using Opera for over 9 years. Safe, secure, fast & stable in Windows 7 beta [64 bit].

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Opera.png

Last edited:
im on a netbook so i want something as light as possible, so im currently using chrome as its quick to load and seems pretty responsive, plus i like having the integrated search built into the address bar for when im looking for something.

just wish i could block ads on it but havent found a way to do that yet, had hoped peer guardian would do that for me but the ads kept coming through regardless, if anyone has suggestions for an ad blocker which is chrome compatible id like to hear about it.

I just rolled back Firefox from the new version back to 2.0. I don't like the "Smart Location Bar" feature on 3.0.

I have been an Opera user for several years. Decided to try Opera 10 Alpha with the new Windows 7 Beta. Works great!:)

I was a big FF fan and just never used IE, thats until I installed Windows 7. Since installing over a week ago im now actually happier using IE8 than I ever was using FF.
seriously? how comes. IE8 is far more unsecure, is still far away from using standards and does not have plugins.
can't really undestand people using IE. I'm a web programmer and I absolutly hate IE because it does not apply to any web standards which simply sucks. On the other hand there are still about 60-70% IE users on the web so you can't ignore that ... unfortunatly.

well, I'm using firefox. I really loved chrome because it is unbelievably fast, especially when it comes to Javascript, but the reports about it being unsecure were too much. but if it develops a little further I'm sure changing to chrome.

Firefox has no "text scrambling" as IE 8 (and 7) does. By scrambling I mean mushed words that align themselves correctly if the page is scrolled up or down over the words a couple of times.

We have three machines here all with different graphics chips and we get the same junky look in IE on all of them, so we went with Firefox.

I'm trying to use Chrome on Win7 x64 but it does give me a lot of hard times, with several incompatibilities and browser crashes. I used FF a lot some time ago, but it is just not as good as other browsers (except for IE of course) because of Memory eating and Slowness after installing some of your favourite plug-ins. IE gives you usually all sorts of hell and I think that the IE 8 beta is worse than IE 7 or 6 in that case, with its unintuitive UI and raping extra's you dont want or need.

Last edited:
Just wondering what browser you guys are using. Personally, I just switched from Firefox 3 to Safari 3.1.2 for windows. Opera is as fast as Firefox, and also provides a smaller RAM footprint, averaging about 24 MB for my usage, as opposed to 75 MB for firefox.
I'm missing Chrome in the option list (or any "Other" option) so i had to go for my 2nd choice: Opera.

I've been having problems with FireFox 2 not signing into websites after I close and open it up again, meaning I have to type in my name and password all over again each time. It's like it's erasing my cookies every time I close it up. I've checked the options page and that's not what it's set up to do.

.......so now I'm back to using IE8 and that seems to be working fine.

I've been having problems with FireFox 2 not signing into websites after I close and open it up again, meaning I have to type in my name and password all over again each time. It's like it's erasing my cookies every time I close it up. I've checked the options page and that's not what it's set up to do.

.......so now I'm back to using IE8 and that seems to be working fine.
Dun Dun Dun...

Well first off firefox two is outdated. You turn off any feature in firefox by going to about:config in the url bar. I didnt take the pleasure of looking for the right entry but im sure it is in their.

This is not a rude question!
Bearing in mind this is a Windows 7 forum. I see one of the choices is IE7. There are also a couple of posts stating their preferences for IE7.
I have several people I help, asking how to install IE7 in Windows 7.
I would also like to know! Have any of the posters managed this?

This is not a rude question!
I have several people I help, asking how to install IE7 in Windows 7.

I doubt there is a way to do this since it would be a form of reverse engineering. Even though IE7 and IE8 are less OS dependent than IE6, you are still dealing with Internet Explorer - and Microsoft has made sure it is not optional to uninstall, for better or for worse.

I never could get plugins to work in Opera.

IE is still just a big, clunky mess after all these years. Sometimes I get the feeling that Microsoft browser developers are old baby boomers trying to make IE the software version of one of these: Link Removed due to 404 Error

About 4 thousand pounds of real pretty dead weight. :D

Back