Windows XP What causing my xpsp3 computer to be slower

groze5858

What causing my xpsp3 computer to be slower?
I am trying to figure on my old windows xp sp 3, what is slowing down my system. I have all update as far as I know before Microsoft stop supporting xp. It could be caused by an system update, browsers or another program. I have scanned for viruses using clamwin and I ran mailwarebytes nothing found. I also going to try avast boot time scan and see if that works, once I get it installed. The browsers are talking long to load up on windows xp sp3 even the old firefox 2.???? version. Thank you for the help in advance.

(Note to mod, I am posting this question on my windows 7 computer)

Does Microsoft still activate Windows xp sp3 computers? I could do a reinstall up to service pack 3 files

What causing my xpsp3 computer to be slower?
I am trying to figure on my old windows xp sp 3, what is slowing down my system. I have all update as far as I know before Microsoft stop supporting xp. It could be caused by an system update, browsers or another program. I have scanned for viruses using clamwin and I ran mailwarebytes nothing found. I also going to try avast boot time scan and see if that works, once I get it installed. The browsers are talking long to load up on windows xp sp3 even the old firefox 2.???? version. Thank you for the help in advance.

(Note to mod, I am posting this question on my windows 7 computer)

Does Microsoft still activate Windows xp sp3 computers? I could do a reinstall up to service pack 3 files

You could do a disk defragment an thwn in an admin cmd prompt do sfc /scannow to check the system files. I'd also be doing chkdsk on all volumes to see if theres anything up with them. Running Ccleaner could also be used to clear out unwanted temp files and what not.

Back
Top Bottom