Windows 7 What do these error codes mean?

cgrim29588

My computer was running slow and I decided to do a pre-boot system assessment on my Dell computer and got this error:

Error Code: 0146
Msg: Error Code 2000-0146
Msg: Hard Drive 0 - self test logs contains previous error(s)
The given error code and message can be used by Technical Support to help diagnose the problem.Do you want to continue testing?

Yes or No or Retry
And I selected yes and continued the test and it asked it I wanted to enter the Dell Diagnostic program and I selected yes and it started the test and after a big I got this message:

Error
Error Code: 0F00:133C
Msg: DISK - No suitable disk media is present
The given error code and message can be used by Technical Support to help diagnose the problem.Do you want to continue testing?

Yes or No or Retry
What does these error messages mean?

Have you been to the Dell Support site. They usually have quite a bit of information.

Is the drive making any funny noises? Have you run a Disk check? If you open Computer and select your drive, then properties, on the tools tab it has an option to check for errors.

You may want to backup up your system soon.

Hi

That error message can be associated with a failing hard drive.

It might be a good idea to backup anything really important to a backup location if you can still boot your computer.

Then, see if you can get the computer to start from the Widows DVD and try and do a repair install of Windows 7.

If it says that it can't find the old installation or your hard drive, you may be in trouble.

Repair Install - Windows 7 Forums

Mike

Saltgrass: I did and the first error code had to do with a failing hard drive. and since my computer is still under warranty Dell with replace the hard drive with no cost to me. It doesn't make any funny noises, but does beep 2 time during startup. No I haven't ran a Disk check, but I will. I will backup everything, so I don't lose anything.

MikeHawthorne: It does have to do with a failing hard drive and I will back up anything really important to a backup location as I can still boot my computer and it runs fine besides being slow sometimes. I'll do as you suggested to boot from the Windows DVD and try and do a repair install of Windows 7.

Hi

That error message can be associated with a failing hard drive.

It might be a good idea to backup anything really important to a backup location if you can still boot your computer.

Then, see if you can get the computer to start from the Widows DVD and try and do a repair install of Windows 7.

If it says that it can't find the old installation or your hard drive, you may be in trouble.

Repair Install - Windows 7 Forums

Mike

I got a brand new Samsung SSD from Dell after RMA'ing the first one and its giving me this error again so unless i have really bad luck, this error applies to more than just a failing hard drive.

Attach it to a different port with a different cable (unless it is a laptop). Does that SSD have a Marvell controller. If yes, you should attach it to a Marvell port.

Back
Top Bottom