Windows 7 What DVD do I need to use to Install upgrade version that can be activated on 22nd?

thepunkerguy

Hey guys. I will be getting a copy of Windows 7 Home Premium UPGRADE that I ordered when it was on sale for $50 a while back. What DVD ISO do I need to download and use to install it now (without a key) that will let me activate it on the 22nd using my legit Home Premium Upgrade key that I purchased. I know usually you can install it without a key and have 30 days to activate it, so I figure if I can find the right ISO that I can install it now, then just activate later. I also want to make sure its the 64-bit ISO. I didn't know if the normal final DVD ISO that is floating around will work, of if I need something special since the Key I have coming is an UPGRADE key. Also, I need to be 100% sure that this will work because I don't want to have to do it twice after backing up and restoring all my stuff. Let me know what you guys know! Thanks guys!
- Mike

I don't think anyone here would recommend downloading a non-authorized version of Home Premium. There are also many questions about how an upgrade has to be installed as to a prior OS being installed and activated before the upgrade.

I would say the safest thing to do is wait until you can legally download an upgrade version and just install it from within your current OS.

Back
Top Bottom