Windows 7 What is Roaming?

JimL

Almost every search I run locally turns up hits with "roaming" in the path. I spent a while on the internet trying to find out exactly what the roaming folder was for. It seems the more I read the less I knew. Everyone seems to have a different idea on how to define or use roaming.

I think it was invented to handle traffic at different "distances" if I may use the term loosely. But it looks like a general catch-all now. Should I just forget about it?

JimL

Solution
There are parts of your user profile in Windows that are designed to be synchronized across computers if on a domain, or are separated out for securituy reasons.
If you look in the C:\Users\Username\AppData folder you will see these distinctions. Local, LocalLow, and Romaing. Don't delete and don't worry it is normal.
There are parts of your user profile in Windows that are designed to be synchronized across computers if on a domain, or are separated out for securituy reasons.
If you look in the C:\Users\Username\AppData folder you will see these distinctions. Local, LocalLow, and Romaing. Don't delete and don't worry it is normal.

Solution
Back