Windows 10 What is the meaning of the Explorer icons?

TechnoMax

I do not understand the file explorer icons in Wondows 10:
37154 Why do some drives have green checkboxes others not? What does the blue bar over the drive mean? It obviously is not the same as the bar that indicates the drive filling percentage.

I don't think those are Onedrive. It would be a green circle with a white check mark. i'd say we need to know what you have installed to know what is producing the icons.

I too don't think it is OneDrive. I have it as a cloud drive, but practically never use it. At least not to sync folders or files.
A list of my installed programs would be useful indeed. But I have found no freee software to produce such a list. Not even a screenshot program that I could use, Snagit is far too expensive for me for casual usage like this case.

As Neemobeer says. What program, or how did you get that picture?

I do not know what program produced these icons. I would not have asked otherwise. And I have installed quite a lot of software. How can I get a list of all installed programs?

Click on Start and type powershell
In the powershell window type
Code:
$programs = Get-Package
$programs | Export-Csv -Path $env:userprofile\Desktop\InstalledPrograms.csv -NoTypeInformation

Upload the csv file on your desktop called InstalledPrograms.csv

I could not upload it. First error: It did not show up under desktop files (or another folder that I copied it to). When I inserted the path to the file the upload aborted with "The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension." It only worked after converting it to a zip file.

Attachments

• InstalledPrograms.zip
    66.8 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom