Windows 7 What on Earth is Groovemonitor.exe

jimbo45

Hi everone
After installing Enterprise Office 2007 I see there is "Groovemonitor.ex2.

Anybody know what this actually does.

Any answers of the form "This is a Microsoft utility" with out any further explanations of what it does and I'll unleash such an infection on your computer that even JC himself couldn't undo it.

Please What actually does it do.

Cheers
jimbo

Hi everone
After installing Enterprise Office 2007 I see there is "Groovemonitor.ex2.

Anybody know what this actually does.

Any answers of the form "This is a Microsoft utility" with out any further explanations of what it does and I'll unleash such an infection on your computer that even JC himself couldn't undo it.

Please What actually does it do.

Cheers
jimbo

well office enterprise is a version much developed for umm developers :p , so it automatically installs the groove monitor which is for creating workspaces and sharing files with a team :D

suggest just shutdown the exe in msconfig startup :cool:

or unninstall it :)

Thanks - I'll just kill it.

I'm getting very suspicious now of all the data that's sent to all and sundry without knowing what it is and what its being used for.

I can see some of this stuff "coming back to bite us" (all in the interests of "National Security" or "prevention of Terrorism" of course) .

I hear some countries are even thinking of passing legislation that all ISP's must store EVERY email sent for up to 2 years -- nice to see the taxpayers money being well spent again.

However knowing how bad Government I.T projects are in ANY country the amount spent on this will make what the Banks have had seem like small change --but it won't be working properly until "Y3K" --long after I'm gone.

cheers (and thanks).

jimbo

groove

its a team type program (like the other person said) thats ideal to simultaniously share files with a group involved in a project. Useless if your not in a team!

Hi there

I thought "Sharing files" was part of a "Network function" and sharing applications and data was what a "Server application" and "Database" was for. If these are sensibly managed what on earth is this other application supposed to do that the other don't -- and as it seems to be geared to businesses rather than Home computers why is it enabled by default on an individual (Legal, non torrent ) install of Microsoft Office.

Am I missing something here.

Cheers
jimbo

You might be.

Perhaps that the "Enterprise" version is geared more to corporate use than home use, and so certain things would be available and enabled by default?

And what use does a single home user have for the Enterprise version anyway? There are much cheaper versions that will do everything the home user will ever need.

You might be.

Perhaps that the \"Enterprise\" version is geared more to corporate use than home use, and so certain things would be available and enabled by default?

And what use does a single home user have for the Enterprise version anyway? There are much cheaper versions that will do everything the home user will ever need.

Hi there

DO PLEASE RESEARCH stuff before saying "What use does someone at home have a need.

If you've ever heard of Microsoft's HOME USE PROGRAM you'll know that you can get LEGAL copies of these type of programs for either a very small fee or even FREE.

There's lots of advantages to being able to use the same program on a home computer that you use at work --especially if you ever do any work from home.

Anyway I suggest you read THIS before pronouncing any more "vatican-like" statements about "Cheaper Versions".

http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/sa/benefits/home_use_rights.mspx

(And if you need Microsoft Access the "cheaper versions" that include Access aren't that cheap either -- 2007 student and teacher edition doesn't have it in it, nor does it have Microsoft Outlook which most companies tend to use for their email client, and of course as you already know W7 doesn't come with an email client built in. For work applications web based email systems such as google are no good either )

Cheers
jimbo

Also, enterprise tech versions have no activation, so technically, you can put them on as many PCs as you like.
Pretty much anything any program installs save for software designed to protect your system can be turned off without harm on boot.

Hi Kyle
--You must be an early riser (Canada) on a Sunday morning.
10.00 A.M here -- enjoying a nice "Greasy" breakfast with lots of Bacon, Eggs, etc etc.

BTW the home use office enterprise 2007 version Does require activation -- but it doesn't object to installing on more than one machine (from the same ISP) - They all pass the windows WGA.

It seems to object if you try and install it on another computer at a different IP address but I got round that by re-loading a "Virtual Image" with a V2P ("Virtual to Physical") utility.

Virtual Machine images seem to totally throw Microsoft (and their Phone in activation services) in any case.

cheers
jimbo

Back