What Version should I buy?

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by chobo2, Jun 26, 2009.

1. chobo2

chobo2 New Member

Hi

I am not sure what version I should buy windows 7 home premium or windows 7 pro edtion.

I am running xp pro right now but I am not sure if windows 7 pro edtion is worth the extra money from the charts I seen its mostly like encryption they add and remote desktop and stuff like that what I prob would not use anyways.

What I run most of the time and I am most concerned about is will premium come with the option to install IIS?

Then should I get 64bit or 32bit?

I am kinda scared my stuff won't work or my programs I use won't work.

2. chobo2

chobo2 New Member

How about IIS?

What major programs don't worth with 64bit?

Too bad MS does not give you both versions it would make a the choice eaiser.

3. chobo2

chobo2 New Member

Ya thats the best I could find it should be the same. I don't care if it is not by default. I had to install it manually for windows XP its not a big deal as long as it can use it.

Also I am looking into this sweet upgrade deal and I went to staples.ca and went to order. Yet they don't give me a choice for 64bit or 32bit.

Does that mean they are giving both away?

4. PcBoyGeorge

PcBoyGeorge Senior Member

I would go for home premium. Unless you want xp-mode and other junk and keep in mind most pcs can't use xp-mode then go for home premium. Its way cheaper and will do great.

5. chobo2

chobo2 New Member

Ya the more I read I think home premium is the way to go but now I can figure out if they will give you both 32bit and 64bit since I can't find the option too choose which one I want.

The stores that sell them just show Home premium English edition and French edition no 32 or 64 bit choice.

6. PcBoyGeorge

PcBoyGeorge Senior Member

Home Premium should come in 32-bit and 64-bit. Just wait sinces its only the first day of preorder.

7. chobo2

chobo2 New Member

Well I found out according to the window 7 site it will come with both 32-bit and 64-bit! :D

"This product includes both 32-bit and 64-bit versions."

Buy, download Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade from Microsoft Store

From what I heard Windows 7 is good(I hope) I have not tried it yet but still going to pre order it since it is so dam cheap so I guess I am taking a bit of a risk but I can't hold onto XP forever.

I was hoping to try it out through my school since I will get a free copy from them but since it is academic licensed if I do any sort of commercial stuff I have to buy a real license so I don't want to lose this chance at a cheap legit copy.