Windows 7 What Version should I buy?

chobo2

Hi

I am not sure what version I should buy windows 7 home premium or windows 7 pro edtion.

I am running xp pro right now but I am not sure if windows 7 pro edtion is worth the extra money from the charts I seen its mostly like encryption they add and remote desktop and stuff like that what I prob would not use anyways.

What I run most of the time and I am most concerned about is will premium come with the option to install IIS?

Then should I get 64bit or 32bit?

I am kinda scared my stuff won't work or my programs I use won't work.

How about IIS?

What major programs don't worth with 64bit?

Too bad MS does not give you both versions it would make a the choice eaiser.

Personally I run Vista Ultimate & Windows 7 Ultimate. However, I got you this much info...

Vista Home Prem doesn't give IIS by default BUT, you can get it going though you must be a Web Server Administrator

@ least the same ought to apply to the Win7 structure, would be my theory/suggestion.

I could only find info for the issue as it relates to Vista versions.

Regards,
Drew

Ya thats the best I could find it should be the same. I don't care if it is not by default. I had to install it manually for windows XP its not a big deal as long as it can use it.

Also I am looking into this sweet upgrade deal and I went to staples.ca and went to order. Yet they don't give me a choice for 64bit or 32bit.

Does that mean they are giving both away?

I would go for home premium. Unless you want xp-mode and other junk and keep in mind most pcs can't use xp-mode then go for home premium. Its way cheaper and will do great.

I would go for home premium. Unless you want xp-mode and other junk and keep in mind most pcs can't use xp-mode then go for home premium. Its way cheaper and will do great.

Ya the more I read I think home premium is the way to go but now I can figure out if they will give you both 32bit and 64bit since I can't find the option too choose which one I want.

The stores that sell them just show Home premium English edition and French edition no 32 or 64 bit choice.

Home Premium should come in 32-bit and 64-bit. Just wait sinces its only the first day of preorder.

Well I found out according to the window 7 site it will come with both 32-bit and 64-bit! :D

"This product includes both 32-bit and 64-bit versions."

Buy, download Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade from Microsoft Store

From what I heard Windows 7 is good(I hope) I have not tried it yet but still going to pre order it since it is so dam cheap so I guess I am taking a bit of a risk but I can't hold onto XP forever.

I was hoping to try it out through my school since I will get a free copy from them but since it is academic licensed if I do any sort of commercial stuff I have to buy a real license so I don't want to lose this chance at a cheap legit copy.

Back