Windows 7 What's new in the Release Candidate (Build 7057)?

Cam493

I know IE8 was included, and MS Paint had some upgrades + UI tweaks. Also, I like the new welcome screen.

What's new in that build?

Boot time about the same for me. Maybe a few seconds longer. If you mean the password entry, I don't bother with it on builds, so the "logon" time is the same.

Win7

I installed windows 7 build 7057 64 bit and it crashed after I installed Adobe Reader 9.1.I did select the windows Vista OS version so that just might be the problem. Also after installation there was a startup bug [Desktop.ini opens in notepad on every boot].Someone posted a way of getting rid of it and it did work.Also I could not find the [Never] change my desktop theme.It does not give me the option of selecting [ Never ].I'm still not fully impressed by Win7 and still feel more comfortable using WinXP.Now re-installing Win 7-7057 32 bit version.I don't know why,I guest I'm a sucker for punishment.
My two cents!

Hello!
Re:"Also after installation there was a startup bug [Desktop.ini opens in notepad on every boot].Someone posted a way of getting rid of it and it did work."
Could you direct me to that post? Thanks in advance!

I too had a problem with the Adobe Reader, it crashed my computer the first time, so then after re-boot, I ran the compatibilty program for the Adobe program for Vista, and the reader worked fine after that.

:)

Hello!
Re:"Also after installation there was a startup bug [Desktop.ini opens in notepad on every boot].Someone posted a way of getting rid of it and it did work."
Could you direct me to that post? Thanks in advance!

Easiest way-type desktop.ini in start menu search and delete all that files. Everything will be ok, i did that and no problems.

I feel build 7048 was much more stable than 7057 but MS-Word used to crash very often until 7048 which has stopped in build 7057...

Back