Windows 7 what's new in Windows 7 build 7048 ?

hbailla

win7b7048_02_sm.jpg

Let’s take a look at the latest build (Windows 7 build 7048 ) to escape into the wild, this build show really some new things vthat worth seeing .

The build I’m looking at here is 7048 and this has the build number of 7048.0.090219-1845, and what’s significant here is the build date stamp, 090219-1845, which translates into 19th Feb 2009, 6:45pm. Compare this to the Beta 1 which has a build date from Dec 2008.

Over the past few days it also emerged that it’s possible to remove IE8 from Windows 7.

to read the whole article , visit :computer news: what's new in Windows 7 build 7048 ?

win7b7048_02_sm.jpg

Let’s take a look at the latest build (Windows 7 build 7048 ) to escape into the wild, this build show really some new things vthat worth seeing .

The build I’m looking at here is 7048 and this has the build number of 7048.0.090219-1845, and what’s significant here is the build date stamp, 090219-1845, which translates into 19th Feb 2009, 6:45pm. Compare this to the Beta 1 which has a build date from Dec 2008.

Over the past few days it also emerged that it’s possible to remove IE8 from Windows 7.

to read the whole article , visit :computer news: what's new in Windows 7 build 7048 ?

No it isn't possible to remove IE8. It only disables all the short links to it. Conceivably you could then delete the folder, which still remains. I don't know what the consequences would be! It takes longer to reinstate it than to disable it.
fwiw, posted on another thread, this is an unremarked feature of Windows XP. Here is a screen shot from an old XP installation on my wife's computer.

Are you sure you posted the right picture dave? I don't believe that XP had Remote Differential Compression, or a menu like that.

As for removal of IE8 through the feature removal menu, it doesn't remove IE8 from the computer, it simply disables the browser itself from being triggered to open. (So Windows Live Messenger will not open IE8 when you hit "Mail" for instance). To remove internet explorer completely would be EXTREMELY hard at this point as its rooted so deeply in the Windows OS. Besides, programs like Windows Update use its services to access the internet.

IE now uninstallable from Windows 7

According to screenshots published by AeroXperience Internet Explorer is now uninstallable from the latest build of Windows 7 (they specifically mention build 7048).
04-03-2009-16-58-30.jpg

This seems to only remove the IE executable (iexplore.exe) but that does render IE unusable. Good news for those who dislike the browser.

I’ve not yet looked at build 7048 so I can’t confirm this, but it all seems genuine.

Are you sure you posted the right picture dave? I don't believe that XP had Remote Differential Compression, or a menu like that.

As for removal of IE8 through the feature removal menu, it doesn't remove IE8 from the computer, it simply disables the browser itself from being triggered to open. (So Windows Live Messenger will not open IE8 when you hit "Mail" for instance). To remove internet explorer completely would be EXTREMELY hard at this point as its rooted so deeply in the Windows OS. Besides, programs like Windows Update use its services to access the internet.

LOL. Thanks for spotting that Kyle. I really must spend some time clearing out my "snips"
Here is the one intended.
By the way. I have to agree with your post. I don't know why there is such global misunderstanding. No mention of uninstalling. Even the Microsoft site seems to have misconveyed this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back