Windows 10 What's with Super Dynamic Resolution?

MikeHawthorne

Essential Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
Hi

I just found that my Nvidia Graphics card has added Super Dynamic Resolution?

I don't quite get it, how can it make my 1920 by 1080 monitor show 3849 by 2160 resolution?
I didn't think that was possible.

A Pixel is a Pixel?

Anyway I tried 2560 by 1440 in the Witcher 3, and it definitely make things look smoother.

I tried doing it in Windows and it worked but I'd have to make some things a lot bigger to be able to use it.

Not really practical or needed, but for games?

Mike

Hi Kemical

I tried it in the Witcher 3 and I could see some difference, at 2560 by 1440.
I also tried it just in Windows and it made some things very small, but I couldn't say that type looked any sharper or anything.

In the game it seems to kind of smooth everything out a little.

I tried it at max resolution and it made a real hit on frame rate, but at 1440 it seems to run fine.

I have it set that way for now, I'll see how it goes.

Mike

Well that's weird, I just opened Nvidia Control Panel, and it doesn't show up as an option any more.
The last thing I did yesterday was update to a new video driver, version 335.82 and it seems to have disappeared?

Ahh, I had to go in to global settings and turn it on again!

Last edited:
Hmm... It did look somewhat smoother when I tried it but not enough for me to be bothered although I haven't actually tried it in Witcher 3. Maybe different games give different results? I'll try it later..

I still haven't finished the game after almost 240hrs! Although about 90hrs of that is after I started a game and got the Roach won't talk bug (which has since been fixed) which meant I started a new game. This game has made me both laugh and cry it's simply amazing. I've the final battle awaiting so please no spoilers.. ;)

Will I be starting a new game? For sure!

Hi

I'm working on my second time through.
The first time I ignored Gwent, this time I've worked hard at collecting the cards and can beat pretty much everyone.

I still haven't done the High Rollers quest, though I started it once and got smeared.
I went back to my save before I started and decided to wait until I got better at it.

If you loose you're out so you have to save before you start.

In the main quest line I haven't gone to the Isle of Mists yet this time through, but it's next in line.

As for the super sampling the difference isn't enough to be a big deal.
I do the same thing in Photoshop sometimes.

I take and image and enlarge it using Re-sample Image smoother.
I can get a very large image without the pixelation that you would normally get.

Then I reduce it back to the size I need it and it looks smoother.

Mike

Last edited:
Hey Mike,
yeah I finished it yesterday. Wow! I don't know if you feel the same way but pretty much almost every game I play or have played the ending usually leaves something to be desired despite how good the game may be. Witcher 3 however is a major difference in that i thought the ending was fantastic although I understand there are several possible outcomes.
In the ending I got Ciri survives, Geralt teaches her the way of the Witcher and she goes on to be famous in her own right. Geralt and Yeneffer live happily ever after so i guess i must have done something right.?
Is the above the ending you got too?

Hi

That's not the ending that I got, as regards Ciri.
Otherwise the same.

I was going to go for something different this time through but I think it's too late to change his relationship with Yen at this point

Mike

I preferred Triss rather than Yeneffer but I guess it's Geralts choice right.. ;) Regarding the ending i saw, I think the only reason it happened that way is because at several points during the game your given a choice on whether to stop Ciri doing something or to urge her on. If you love someone set them free kinda thing..
Just before she hit's the white-out you see her remembering all the times when Geralt backed her up. So she could be herself regardless of the consequences. I think that's ultimately why she survives

Ciri survived in my ending too, but she went a different path then she did in your ending.
You can end up with Triss if you make the correct decisions at some point in the game.

How do you do the Spoiler thing?

Oh right I thought you meant that she died.. Did you end up with Triss or no?
See my screenshot concerning Spoilers. Basically highlight the text you want in the bubble and click the stuff you can see in the screenie:
spoilers.jpg

Hi

I didn't end up with Triss, I kind of had an attachment to Triss because I've played all of these games and Triss was much more important in the earlier games.

But I missed the point at which you can make a choice, it's not that clear when it happens.

I'm not sure but I think I missed it again this time.

I read that the worst thing you can do it try and romance both of them, in the end they both turn on you and you end up being a lonely old drunk. I added the drunk part. Oh well, there's always Kiera Metz, LOL

Mike

Last edited:
Yeah I think we all fell in Love with Triss in the witcher 2. I didn't think she was as nice in Witcher 3 maybe they did that on purpose?
My Geralt did end up in the sack with Kiera Metz too.... Well when in Rome and all that ;)

Hi

Second time through I ended up alone, just going back to being a Witcher with no partner.
He just kind of goes on with his life and everyone else goes their own way.

I'll wait a while and play it through again.

I just finished Tomb Raider 2013 for the third time, and I'm looking forward to the new one sometime early next year.

I've been a Tomb Raider fan since the week the first game came out, (it was the firs 3D game and was an amazing development at the time after playing side scrollers and isometrics for years).

Mike

Back