Windows 10 whea uncorrectable error

NettleWarbler

Honorable Member
Mornin all , I don't know if this is the right forum I want , but most times I try to burn a dvd I get a blue screen with whea uncorrectable error and my computer re-starts . Its been the same with when I try to burn blu-rays for a while now , the dvd's were burning ok . Now I seem to be getting it whatever I try to burn .. The software I use for Blu-rays is Nero Platinum 2018 , and the dvds is wondershare dvd creator . I have codecs loaded , but apart from that I don't know what else to use . Thank you .

Hi,
if you use the app found in the forum sticky it will grab the dump files for you as well as other info we need to see. All you need to do is run the app as admin (right click on the app icon). When you have the results post them in your thread (zipped up) and we'll take a look.
How to ask for help with a BSOD problem

I've also known of drives blue screening when they get very dusty so make sure it's free from dust.

There was one other bit of information I forgot to mention earlier , I bought Driver booster 5 pro off someone on ebay thinking the drivers may be the problem . But all drivers are updated , and the problem seem's worse .

patcooke , kemical , a couple of fans were very dusty when I blew on them . I'm going to see if it's made any difference , I will get back to you . Thank you .

Oh and uninstall Driver booster, those driver utilities cause way more issues than they ever solve. Most of the time then end up installing the wrong drivers.

Hmm... Trouble is apps like Driver Booster can make the situation worse as they often get the wrong driver.

I would remove it asap.

patcooke , kemical , a couple of fans were very dusty when I blew on them . I'm going to see if it's made any difference , I will get back to you . Thank you .
The type of dump you describe is Bugcheck 124. Typical causes can be overheating (usually caused by overclocking or poor air flow.

See if removing dust build up helps, also try monitoring temperatures using something like HWiNFO64.

nmsuk , I will uninstall Driver Booster . . kemical , I have just burnt a dvd which seems ok trying it on my computer . It burnt anyway , hopefully I was a dust problem . I will try to burn a Blu-ray dvd about this time tomorrow , I will let you know the outcome . Driver Booster is going as soon as I log-off .

Sounds like you might be on the right track, hope all goes well tomorrow. :)

Just tried to burn a Blu-ray with the blue screen with whea uncorrectable error happening very soon into the process , there was also the same effect wen I tried to burn a dvd earlier today . I don't think it's dust .

As I wrote earlier see if you can upload a dump file. If you have no dump files you may need to change settings:
Open the run application.
Type sysdm.cpl in the run box and click ok.
Look across the top of the system properties box for 'Advanced' and click that.
Look for 'Startup and Recovery' near the bottom and click 'settings'.
Near the bottom you'll see a drop down menu under the heading 'write debugging information'.
In the drop down menu choose ' small memory dump (256KB)'
Under 'small dump directory' make sure it says %SystemRoot%\Minidump.
Click ok and your good to go.

You'll need a working pagefile too although if you have never changed the settings on this then don't worry.

Once set you then see a dump file after a blue screen appear in a folder marked minidump in the windows folder.

Last edited:
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 124, {0, ffff998a03af0028, be000000, 800400}

Probably caused by : GenuineIntel

Followup:     MachineOwner

Hi,
as you can see it's a bugcheck 124 which means a hardware error may have occurred.
Code:
PROCESS_NAME:  NMDllHost.exe
Above is the process running at the time of bsod and this relates to Nero Platinum 18. I did a little checking on this particular app and user reviews mention that it can be buggy:
Nero Platinum Comments - VideoHelp

Has the app always blue screened or is this something that started after a period of usage?

You could also try removing AVG AV suite and see if that helps?

kemical , Nero Platinum 2018 used to burn Blu-ray dvds which played alright .I will uninstall AVG before I try the next one to see if that helps . Thank you .

kemical , just tried to burn a Blu-ray , I got a blue screen with the code Clock - Watchdog - Timeout . And for the dvd I got a blue screen and whea uncorrectable error message , sometimes dvds will burn ok but more often then not they are starting to fail . I think the windows updates are up to date and working ok . I bought a Windows 10 x64 Pro Edition , I was going to ask on here if I will get the option of keeping my files and folders when I try to install it .( I don't want to start and install the DVD and not have a cancel or keep files and folders option or I will loose all my files anyway ) . Now I wonder if its worth it , even a clean install as I usually do , I will be no better off .

Can you run winver and post a screengrab of it please.
Code:
Built by: 16299.431

Have you tried burning a blue ray using anything else?

I just want to determine if it's Nero or something else causing the bluie.

Other causes for bugcheck 124 Whea Uncorrectable error can be out of date apps or drivers. I've seen an out of date chrome browser cause this error so I'd go through everything with a fine toothcomb or as you suggest above try a clean install.

Lastly, have you tried reinstalling Nero?

Have you checked for any updates or later versions?

Last edited:
Back