Windows 7 When MS finally release Windows7 RTM...

And you are one reason that the price of the OS is where it is, pirating. You can call it whatever you want, but when you don't pay for your copy of Windows the rest of us have to pay more to make up for it. Justify it however you want, but that's the truth of it.[/QUOTE]

How about Microsoft raises the price because people like you will pay it? Or the fact that Microsoft seemingly can't make a verison of Windows that can't be pirated?? Or the fact... you know what, on second thought, it's not worth it. Buy it if you want, or pirate it. Makes no difference to me. I will do what I want : ) my bad on the double post!

Last edited:
Here you are hitting on the reason we're in the mess we experiencing now. Today I heard about some of Maddoff's
Inverstors . Some of them expected 900% a year returns!!! 900%!! How much is MS making per year inpure profit????
Here we are STEALING TRILLONS of dollars from people to sure up a system of EXCESSIVE profits so people making FAR too much money can continue to live their jetsetting live style. A few years ago, an MSNBC financial guru wrote a book that people could live very confortable and fullfilling lives on about $50,000 a yr. I think that in view of the mess were in, maybe society should move toward that as a lifestyle. People who contribuate more to society should make more, but the days of badly run companies is over. And let's face it. GM, Bank of America, Fannie Me, etc were and are badly run companies. They ran their companies on credit while their executives got millions in paychecks. Our children and grandchilren and great grandchildren and beyond will be paying for these leaders of industry's exccesses for all of them lives. They will never know a day of rest, work all their lives, know hunger, cold and destitution. All because they turned Capatilism into a four letter word. They have a last succeded in thier long term goal: to reduce us to the rank of slaves.

And if your running your business on debt, if can't be that good, can it?

I think your first paragraph there was a little over the top. :p Yes, some execs get paid too much, and I'm sure there are plenty of people at M$ that don't get paid enough for what they're doing. I can't do anything about that.

As far as debt, pretty much every company has debt. It's not always a bad thing. But if you're putting off profits long enough, even if you have a good amount of cash on hand you can't expect to go on too long without profits coming in. I'm not even going to pretend to know M$'s financial situation, so there's not much more I can say about that.

3 because that is the number of seats that come with Office 2007 Home and Student edition. (Presuming that they would offer some kind of a discount for multiple seats, 3 would be a likely number.); and because that is the number that someone in a previous post suggested. Is everyone not aware that Office 2007 is automatically licensed for 3 users with no restriction as to type of computer? (laptop, desktop, whatever) They are restricted to one "household" but I don't know how they are able to inforce that. I have heard no rumors of offering any kind of multiple packaging, but it is not absurd to think of such. If I could get three seats in one package for 2 or even 2 1/2 times the price of one, I might find it tempting as I have 8 computers on my home network. There is NO WAY I would buy 8 copies of Windows 7 at retail price. Maybe one (to replace my one Vista) without any quantity discount. Many households have 2 to 5 computers counting the children off to college and another one or two finishing high school, etc.

Most students already get ridiculous discounts on OSs. I myself didn't go to college but most of the people I know that did could go to their school bookstore and buy Win XP Pro for under $30.

As far as a family discount it just seems like something that's going to be hard to do. You have some families that have one kid and 3 computers, then you'll have families with 3 kids and 8 computers. I just don't see any good way to do something like that besides buying licencing in semi-bulk. That would be done more at the retail level though.

And most people are giong to get the OS with their computer anyway. If you want to upgrade an old computer, buy the upgrade, it's alot cheaper than a full retail version.

How about Microsoft raises the price because people like you will pay it? Or the fact that Microsoft seemingly can't make a verison of Windows that can't be pirated?? Or the fact... you know what, on sceond thought, it's not worth it. Buy it if you want, or pirate it. Makes no difference to me.

People like me have to pay for it because people like you steal it. It's common sense that if you have something that should be sold for $100, but 30% of possible clients steal it, you're going to have to raise the price to compensate. As far as M$ making a version that can't be pirated, that's just a bad argument. They should have to if people weren't immoral and stealing in the first place. Since people aren't they have to work hard to put that in place, but it's impossible to make a perfect system. Something can always be cracked, there is no perfect security.

And it honestly makes no difference to me either because I get all my M$ licensing through work. I haven't had to pay for a copy of Windows in over 5 years. I do feel bad for the people that have to pay more because of all the thieves out there though.

I'm staying out of that conversation

:D If you're on my side you should back me up. If not, stick to your original idea. :p

I myself do not condone piracy of any MS software unless I desperately need it for a computer I'm working on a lot of the OEM discs I have today came from either Torrent websites or by cloning another disc from a customer yeah being able to place 7 on up to 3 computers from one disc would be nice and you never know it might happen if you buy something they might call "The Family Pack" which might be a discounted 3 license version instead of paying up wards of $1000 for 3 you get it for around I dunno $650-$750 maybe they'll throw in Office 2010 option home and student for free I dunno that would be nice though. But anyway My whole opinion on this is If you pirate software just because you don't want to spend the money for another copy go get yourself a Tech Net Subscription for $349 a year and download as many as you want before your subscription expires.

Most of those kind of discounts would be done at a retail level. I don't know if M$ would actually setup a family pack or anything like that at their licensing level. Who knows though, the way the economy has been we could see a shift. Technet would be a great idea for alot of people if they use alot of M$ products, but that $350 is yearly if you want access to new stuff that's not on your existing subscription.

I don't think M$ does everything perfectly, but we don't either. The OS wouldn't be as expensive if so many people weren't pirating it, that's a fact. In addition to making up for losses associated with pirating they also have to pay people to research new ways to make it harder for Windows to be pirated, which again adds costs. Yes M$ still manages to make a profit, but if they weren't we wouldn't be seeing a new OS very often.

I think I've gotten my opinion out sufficiently so I'll stop with the massively long posts now. :p

I myself do not condone piracy of any MS software unless I desperately need it for a computer I'm working on a lot of the OEM discs I have today came from either Torrent websites or by cloning another disc from a customer yeah being able to place 7 on up to 3 computers from one disc would be nice and you never know it might happen if you buy something they might call "The Family Pack" which might be a discounted 3 license version instead of paying up wards of $1000 for 3 you get it for around I dunno $650-$750 maybe they'll throw in Office 2010 option home and student for free I dunno that would be nice though. But anyway My whole opinion on this is If you pirate software just because you don't want to spend the money for another copy go get yourself a Tech Net Subscription for $349 a year and download as many as you want before your subscription expires.

Im sorry I had to laugh on that one,you don't CONDONE it unless you Really need it,well maybe the person who got it from a torrent Really needed it.So lets get this straight condone it unless you need it(Think about that).:confused:

Camride said:

I think your first paragraph there was a little over the top. :p Yes, some execs get paid too much, and I'm sure there are plenty of people at M$ that don't get paid enough for what they're doing. I can't do anything about that.

As far as debt, pretty much every company has debt. It's not always a bad thing. But if you're putting off profits long enough, even if you have a good amount of cash on hand you can't expect to go on too long without profits coming in. I'm not even going to pretend to know M$'s financial situation, so there's not much more I can say about that.

That is the problem!! We've allowed society to be built on debt!!! That massive amount of debt is one of the major reasons things are so expsensve. By allowing people who PRINT the money to control wealth (the FED is a owned by a number of banks) to control the wealth and make profit over the bowerring of it) we have allowed the average citizen to become nothing more than a slave. Being a innocent bystander when the house is burning down (newsflash: IT IS) is the major problem here. The ave. citizen is concerned with making it thru the week, so they can watch American Idol and Dancing with the stars. They have been lulled to sleep. They are too distracted to accept the truth. A return to the gold standard would serve us well.

That is the problem!! We've allowed society to be built on debt!!! That massive amount of debt is one of the major reasons things are so expsensve. By allowing people who PRINT the money to control wealth (the FED is a owned by a number of banks) to control the wealth and make profit over the bowerring of it) we have allowed the average citizen to become nothing more than a slave. Being a innocent bystander when the house is burning down (newsflash: IT IS) is the major problem here. The ave. citizen is concerned with making it thru the week, so they can watch American Idol and Dancing with the stars. They have been lulled to sleep. They are too distracted to accept the truth. A return to the gold standard would serve us well.

That's a whole 'nother topic right there. I agree (for the most part) that this country is built on alot of bad/unnecessary debt. This is why I keep my debt to a minimum. It's almost impossible for businesses to do that though. Keeping it in check is something that very few do though.

So true, I guess I wandered fro mthe topic of the thread lol. But Like I said, $25 a license for a basic OS would be cool. :)

Most students already get ridiculous discounts on OSs. I myself didn't go to college but most of the people I know that did could go to their school bookstore and buy Win XP Pro for under $30.

As far as a family discount it just seems like something that's going to be hard to do. You have some families that have one kid and 3 computers, then you'll have families with 3 kids and 8 computers. I just don't see any good way to do something like that besides buying licencing in semi-bulk. That would be done more at the retail level though.

And most people are giong to get the OS with their computer anyway. If you want to upgrade an old computer, buy the upgrade, it's alot cheaper than a full retail version.

People like me have to pay for it because people like you steal it. It's common sense that if you have something that should be sold for $100, but 30% of possible clients steal it, you're going to have to raise the price to compensate. As far as M$ making a version that can't be pirated, that's just a bad argument. They should have to if people weren't immoral and stealing in the first place. Since people aren't they have to work hard to put that in place, but it's impossible to make a perfect system. Something can always be cracked, there is no perfect security.

And it honestly makes no difference to me either because I get all my M$ licensing through work. I haven't had to pay for a copy of Windows in over 5 years. I do feel bad for the people that have to pay more because of all the thieves out there though.

:D If you're on my side you should back me up. If not, stick to your original idea. :p

Most of those kind of discounts would be done at a retail level. I don't know if M$ would actually setup a family pack or anything like that at their licensing level. Who knows though, the way the economy has been we could see a shift. Technet would be a great idea for alot of people if they use alot of M$ products, but that $350 is yearly if you want access to new stuff that's not on your existing subscription.

I don't think M$ does everything perfectly, but we don't either. The OS wouldn't be as expensive if so many people weren't pirating it, that's a fact. In addition to making up for losses associated with pirating they also have to pay people to research new ways to make it harder for Windows to be pirated, which again adds costs. Yes M$ still manages to make a profit, but if they weren't we wouldn't be seeing a new OS very often.

I think I've gotten my opinion out sufficiently so I'll stop with the massively long posts now. :p

people like me steal it huh. well arguing over the internet is like running in the special olympics. You may win but your still a retard. So on that note, I never said I was stealing anything. Way to make an ass out of yourself. and why can't Microsoft a 100 billion dollar(i made that figure up) company make a software that can't be pirated???? Because people will always find a way to stick it to the man. Thats why. But honestly this thread has gotten very old and I am finished. maybe think twice before you call somebody a thief.

Last edited:
Well i'd be willing to spend up to €160 on Windows 7 premium/home but anything above that is not worth it. As for the ultimate edition €250 MAX. For up to three computers just paying for licenses and getting the third for nothing would be great but unrealistic. Any body running vista should be able to get a license for half price or at least 2/3 of the price.

I have just on word for this thread......activator!

i guess i better explain....Buy a copy of windows 7 ,or not, and then find a activator for the other computers in ur home.... i know it is not legal. But who is gonna pay 1000 for 3 ( or however many cpus you may have) copies of Windows 7...I'm not. So i might buy a copy, then put it on my wifes computer with an activator.

people like me steal it huh. well arguing over the internet is like running in the special olympics. You may win but your still a retard. So on that note, I never said I was stealing anything. Way to make an ass out of yourself. and why can't Microsoft a 100 billion dollar(i made that figure up) company make a software that can't be pirated???? Because people will always find a way to stick it to the man. Thats why. But honestly this thread has gotten very old and I am finished. maybe think twice before you call somebody a thief.

You more or less admitted it there (in bold). I honestly don't care what you call me, you're not going to hurt my feelings. I do know people that work for the Special Olympics so I don't really appreciate your comment though.

As far as a multi billion dollar company not being able to make software that can't be pirated, that just shows how little you know about how software is written. It's literally impossible to make any software perfect. There will always be exploits, and the licensing part of it is no different. It doesn't matter how big the company is, it's just impossible to reach perfection. And you can call it "sticking it to the man" all you want, but it still stealing.

I do think twice before calling someone a thief, and you have given me sufficient reason to believe that you are at this point.

I won't argue with you specifically anymore. If others want to chime in on the subject I am more than happy to continue a friendly debate on this subject. :)

You more or less admitted it there (in bold). I honestly don't care what you call me, you're not going to hurt my feelings. I do know people that work for the Special Olympics so I don't really appreciate your comment though.

As far as a multi billion dollar company not being able to make software that can't be pirated, that just shows how little you know about how software is written. It's literally impossible to make any software perfect. There will always be exploits, and the licensing part of it is no different. It doesn't matter how big the company is, it's just impossible to reach perfection. And you can call it "sticking it to the man" all you want, but it still stealing.

I do think twice before calling someone a thief, and you have given me sufficient reason to believe that you are at this point.

I won't argue with you specifically anymore. If others want to chime in on the subject I am more than happy to continue a friendly debate on this subject. :)

wow you are assuming again...go figure. the key word in which you made bold was "might". Glad you got that. as far as microsofts inability to make pirate safe software . i could care less. but don't be a finger pointer. stealing is wrong and that bs. You can try to get everybody to believe your a saint who has never downloaded a song or used a pirated software all you want. But if you do that, your a liar. end of story. thanks for playing. about the arguing remember what I said! have a good one camride. and no offense by any of this, just a friendly discussion. peace.

Last edited:
3 license package - now available in XP AND Vista

For those who think it would just be absurd to think that Microsoft would package 3 licenses in one Windows 7 package should go to Link Removed - Invalid URL and puruse the current Windows XP and Windows Vista 3 license packages being offered for a discount off the standard 3 times 1 price. (small discount for sure, but still a 3 seat package is currently available with SOME discount.) Now, why would it be unthinkable that they would also do the same with Seven??????

p.s. 30 license packages are also available. OEM and retail packages are both available.

I'm sorry I had to laugh on that one,you don't CONDONE it unless you Really need it,well maybe the person who got it from a torrent Really needed it.So lets get this straight condone it unless you need it(Think about that).:confused:

there is a very big difference between downloading a copy of software for business use and personal use every bit of software that I have downloaded have been OEM Cd's or DVDs for OEM manufactures not for my own personal pleasure the reason I say that is because downloading say a DELL OEM COPY of XP that Dell OEM copy will only work on a DELL computer not my own personal RIG. People who download a retail version of XP, Vista or any other software with an Activator or use a mass license they stole from the back of the computer at work just so they won't have to pay for it that to me is wrong having to download a copy from a torrent website because one you called the company and they don't have them anymore or you have to pay $25 plus S/H and tell your customer they'll be without their computer for 2 weeks until the disc gets there and not get paid for 2 and a half weks because of it it's faster to download them to keep away all the headaches. So there thats the big difference SO NO I DO NOT CONDONE PIRACY OF ANY SOFTWARE UNLESS NEEDED TO FIX AN OEM COMPUTER should have put that in there so nobody would get confused.

Last edited:
Downloading a copy of Windows is not illegal (AFAIK), it's bypassing the activation that's illegal. I download iso's of Windows products all the time, sometimes from M$, sometimes from bittorrent. It's not having a valid license (whether you paid for it, got it from work, whatever) that is the problem. I get all my licenses through MSDN now, so I don't need to buy my own copy. But that's because I work for a Microsoft Gold Partner and we sell a ton of M$ stuff.

there is a very big difference between downloading a copy of software for business use and personal use every bit of software that I have downloaded have been OEM Cd's or DVDs for OEM manufactures not for my own personal pleasure the reason I say that is because downloading say a DELL OEM COPY of XP that Dell OEM copy will only work on a DELL computer not my own personal RIG. People who download a retail version of XP, Vista or any other software with an Activator or use a mass license they stole from the back of the computer at work just so they won't have to pay for it that to me is wrong having to download a copy from a torrent website because one you called the company and they don't have them anymore or you have to pay $25 plus S/H and tell your customer they'll be without their computer for 2 weeks until the disc gets there and not get paid for 2 and a half weks because of it it's faster to download them to keep away all the headaches. So there thats the big difference SO NO I DO NOT CONDONE PIRACY OF ANY SOFTWARE UNLESS NEEDED TO FIX AN OEM COMPUTER should have put that in there so nobody would get confused.
Just one question are you sending let's say Dell any of the money that you collect from the system you fixed?

Just one question are you sending let's say Dell any of the money that you collect from the system you fixed?

Nope and there is a big reason why 50% of the customers I deal with still have their OEM Cd's or DVDs the other 50% didn't receive them or lost them Dell and other manufacturers sees it themselves to GIVE their customers copies of Windows XP not Vista unless ordered. I actually owned a DELL, HP, Gateway, Emachine PC So I have the Actual OEM XP Disks along with an Acer x3 (32-64-bit home premium & ultimate 64-bit), HP (32-bit Home premium), Emachine( 32-bit home basic), Gateway (64-bit Business), and Dell x2 (32-64-bit home premium) OEM Vista DVDs that I myself ordered of which none came from torrents and all have been made into ISO images on an external hard drive just in case. The only copies of O/S I have that are downloaded from torrents are OEM Media Center 2005, XP retail to replace the disk that was stolen from me personally, Vista Home Premium x64 OEM from HP, FREE LINUX DISTROs, and Windows 7 Beta build which has been deleted oh I forgot downloaded from MSDNAA XP Professional, Vista Business 32-bit, Visual Studio 2005, and Windows Server 2003. Even though in Vista Alt F-11 sometimes works for restoring most people like to have a fresh install. So lets see here are you sending Microsoft, the movie producers, the music producers, the record labels, the girls (or guys as I don't know which way your micro points) in the porn, or the people you download from money for the stuff you download/ steal everyday? I bet not so no matter which way you look at it even though I am contradicting myself here almost every person has condoned to piracy one way or another so more than others. But to make my point even more clear look at an OEM Copy of any O/S from a manufacturer real closely all it is is a COPY of the actual disk not a DOWNLOAD. and At least I myself use LEGIT License Keys not an activator to get a free O/S because I'm to damn lazy to get off my ass to get another copy.

Downloading a copy of Windows is not illegal (AFAIK), it's bypassing the activation that's illegal. I download iso's of Windows products all the time, sometimes from M$, sometimes from bittorrent. It's not having a valid license (whether you paid for it, got it from work, whatever) that is the problem. I get all my licenses through MSDN now, so I don't need to buy my own copy. But that's because I work for a Microsoft Gold Partner and we sell a ton of M$ stuff.

the above post by Camride is exactly what I am talking about he downloads his legit doesn't use an activator or a mass license me myself I download them legit with out using an activator or mass license people like you Kvic are the reason prices for Vista Ultimate retail hit the $500 mark and why Windows 7 will most likely hit the $600 mark for Ultimate retail.

I have basically made my point twice on this and it looks like to me all you wanna do is be an INTERNET tough guy and act like hey no matter what i do it's right so who cares. Well lets see here anyone who goes out and buys a Copy of XP, Vista, or 7 and asks why is the price so high it's because dumbass people think its alright to steal and use activators or mass licenses to activate and steal from Microsoft so we will have to get the money lost some how so we are taking it from you the innocent. So my point is on this is very simply put like Camride says downloading is not illegal it's using an activator or a mass license that is.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom