Windows 10 Where are crash reports?

anotherwindowsuser

Dear all,

A program crashed and I wanted to see if there were any crash reports made of it. However, when I looked in event view, despite donig a lot of browsing, I could not find the application name listed, although potentially I am looking in the wrong section. Is there anyway to see in one go all data if any that is stored and sent to MS for their analyses?

Thanks in advance

If there are any dumps they will be handled by WER and stored in %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\WER or in %LOCALAPPDATA%\CrashDumps

%LOCALAPPDATA% is an environment variable that expands to C:\Users\<username>\Appdata\Local

Dear all,

A program crashed and I wanted to see if there were any crash reports made of it. However, when I looked in event view, despite donig a lot of browsing, I could not find the application name listed, although potentially I am looking in the wrong section. Is there anyway to see in one go all data if any that is stored and sent to MS for their analyses?

Thanks in advance

A Crash Report is a file archive created when launching Live the next time after a crash. It contains system crash logs, information about your setup and a log of what Live has done since it was last opened. Crash reports can be accessed even if Live doesn't launch anymore.

Back