Windows 10 Turn off windows crash reports

anotherwindowsuser

I wanted to turn off crash reports, however, it doesn't seem like a feature in control panel for me. On the following URL you get instruction of going to maintenance section of control panel, however when I go to mine there is no option for off, it is just on. Any help thanks in advance.

How to Disable Error Reporting In Windows 10 (techviral.net)

Capture maintenance.PNG

Why do you want to turn this off? The information is useful for determining what aspect of the system causes problems.

If you are seeing *Windows* crash reports, then the problem is not with an app, but with your system. I would suggest you speak with an IT professional, for example @Neemobeer.

If this is a privacy concern, I would point out that that article isn't accurate. There is no private information transmitted to Microsoft. All of the data is relevant to the error and nothing more and it can't be linked back to you as a user, nor does Microsoft sell any data collected from computers.

If you are seeing *Windows* crash reports, then the problem is not with an app, but with your system. I would suggest you speak with an IT professional, for example @Neemobeer.

It was not necessarily with windows, but with a particular software..
I don't see any benefit with it wasting time to compile the report, plus privacy concerns. I mean seriously, if an app crashes, then let it be, just restart it and try again. If an app is many years old, and is still crashing, not likely to be fixed any time soon..

The reports are just stack dumps, so it takes seconds to write the reports. Disabling WER will also break the windows troubleshooter

Back
Top Bottom