Windows 8 Where Does Windows 8 Store Install History

cjb4

Extraordinary Member
I am having problems with re-installing software for my printer. I am running Windows 8.1 from a SSD. To save space I installed HP's all-in-one software on my D: drive. My D:drive died. I could recover no data so I simply replaced it and started rebuilding.
When attempting to re-install the HP software I get the message that the software is already installed on my D:/Program Files (x86) and will up update it with a newer version if necessary.
The install program gives me no way to redirect the install. If I continue it appears to install the printer and everything but will not complete. It spins in an endless loop. I have to either reboot or use task manager to exit. The resulting install (non-install) shows nothing in D: and some HP files in C:. To try to fix I have removed all evidence of HP files in C: and all I can find in the registry. Nothing works.
There is obviously some history stored somewhere of the original instillation. Where is that history stored and can it be deleted or redirected?
thanks for any suggestions.

Back