Windows 7 Where is Aero's Color Schemes??

ddharper

Extraordinary Member
This Color Scheme Looks TERRIBLE. PLEASE HELP!!

I have had Windows 7 Home Premium for a couple of months on my desktop, and it dawned on me that the beta on my 4 year old laptop looked much nicer. So I tried to get Aero to work on my desktop. I tried to troubleshooting in the control panel, and it said that I needed to run a Aero based theme. I AM.
So then I noticed that when I changed themes, that Windows Color would change, listed at the bottom at least, to the proper theme. But if I was to close that window, and then right click the desktop, then personalize, it would list 'Windows classic' as the color scheme. If I click on Windows Color, it goes straight to the "Windows Color and Appearance" advance window. It skips the fancy looking gradient squares window, and goes to the antiquated looking 'Windows 2000' looking window. I changed something here, and now the color sceme looks TERRIBLE.

I've searched for hours, trying different things on the internet, but with no luck. Windows Peek is checked but grayed out on my PC. How do I get into the proper color menu, as I believe that it has never been listed on my desktop pc. By the way my Graphics score for Windows Aero is 7.3. Thanks.

Oooops. I think I posted this in the wrong spot.

Last edited:
I have had Windows 7 Home Premium for a couple of months on my desktop, and it dawned on me that the beta on my 4 year old laptop looked much nicer. So I tried to get Aero to work on my desktop. I tried to troubleshooting in the control panel, and it said that I needed to run a Aero based theme. I AM.
So then I noticed that when I changed themes, that Windows Color would change, listed at the bottom at least, to the proper theme. But if I was to close that window, and then right click the desktop, then personalize, it would list 'Windows classic' as the color scheme. If I click on Windows Color, it goes straight to the "Windows Color and Appearance" advance window. It skips the fancy looking gradient squares window, and goes to the antiquated looking 'Windows 2000' window. I changed something here, and now the color sceme looks TERRIBLE.

I've searched for hours, trying different things on the internet, but with no luck. Windows Peek is checked but grayed out on my PC. By the way my Graphics score for Windows Aero is 7.3. I created a new user account, and I had the same problems there. How do I get into the proper color menu, as I believe that it has never been listed on my desktop pc.Thanks.

Originally posted in the wrong section. Sorry.

"I tried to get Aero to work on my desktop. I tried to troubleshooting in the control panel, and it said that I needed to run a Aero based theme. I AM."

It also says the "Desktop Window Manager" is disabled. I let the troubleshooter enable, and it says so, then I close the troubleshooter, then open and run it again, and it says "Desktop Window Manager" is disabled. Yet it shows WDM.exe running in my processes in Task Manager.

Can someone help in this canundrum ? Thanks.

Hi,
try this link and see if it helps any: Link Removed - Not Found

I've also merged all your posts on this subject.. Please do not double post.
Thankyou.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom