Windows 7 Which one do I have Full or upgrade

lostsoul65

I have 2 computer with Windows 7. One is an upgrade and one is a full version. How can I find out which one is what? The reason I ask is if I trash one of them I need to know which OS to put on my new computer.

Last edited:
Full and upgrade refer to the installation processes. Once installed the end result is the same and I am not aware of any mechanism for identifying the install route which was used. One possibility though depends on the fact that an upgrade leaves files and folders behind enabling you to reverse the upgrade - you couold look on your system drive to see if there are any old versions of windows files backed up.

Also, depending what you upgraded from, check your C:\ drive and see if there are any folders called WINDOWS.OLD or OLD.001 or 001.OLD etc...[/QUOTE]

One of my computer has a Windows old on the C drive and the other does not and Microsoft comfirm this though the product ID. This is something I know but haven't used in 10 years. Don't use it, you lose it and boy have I lost a lot. Thanks

Back