Windows 10 Why does Windows ask for password every 10 seconds?

nickrider290

Hello,
I understand we need to be safe, but why should I enter a password every time I type on my own desktop at home?
When I logged in with password entry 1, Chrome needed me to login, but it wouldn't autofill. I went to saved passwords, and then entered password entry 2 (windows, not chrome) scrolling down, I see two entries for the same site and clicked view password, but it didn't autofill. I got annoyed and mistyped the password again.
Then I want to view the second entry guess what the password is entry 5 - even more annoyed mistype again entry 6 I'm fuming by now and my blood pressure is rising mistype again now to be honest I struggled not to punch the monitor.
What the hell is Microsoft thinking has changed in seconds - all this within 4 minutes of first logging in and just seconds between requests 4 and 5. I couldn't even leave my chair between requests, much less leave the room, as a burglar broke in to view my highly sensitive passwords that could change the course of life as we know it if they got into the wrong hands.

Would someone be so kind as to let me know how to make my computer abide by common sense? For instance, if I enter my password, I don't need to do it over and over. How can I stop before I lose my self-control and drop kick it like I did with the HP printer I had that didn't come with a cable to connect to Wi-Fi.

You most likely have a bad password saved.

Good place to start
Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Credential Manager

Hello,
I understand we need to be safe, but why should I enter a password every time I type on my own desktop at home?
When I logged in with password entry 1, Chrome needed me to login, but it wouldn't autofill. I went to saved passwords, and then entered password entry 2 (windows, not chrome) scrolling down, I see two entries for the same site and clicked view password, but it didn't autofill. I got annoyed and mistyped the password again.
Then I want to view the second entry guess what the password is entry 5 - even more annoyed mistype again entry 6 I'm fuming by now and my blood pressure is rising mistype again now to be honest I struggled not to punch the monitor.
What the hell is Microsoft thinking has changed in seconds - all this within 4 minutes of first logging in and just seconds between requests 4 and 5. I couldn't even leave my chair between requests, much less leave the room, as a burglar broke in to view my highly sensitive passwords that could change the course of life as we know it if they got into the wrong hands.

Would someone be so kind as to let me know how to make my computer abide by common sense? For instance, if I enter my password, I don't need to do it over and over. How can I stop before I lose my self-control and drop kick it like I did with the HP printer I had that didn't come with a cable to connect to Wi-Fi.
s your new PC going asleep every few minutes, you can set the delay before the computer sleeps in Control Panel - Power Options - Currently Selected Power Plan - Edit Plan Settings

Or you can turn off requirement of password entry when computer wakes from sleep in Windows 10 Settings

1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Accounts icon.

2. Click/tap on Sign-in options on the left side, and select Never (off) or When PC wakes up from sleep (on) for what you want under Require sign-in on the right side.

Note This option will only be available if the account has a password.

When finished, close Setting

Back
Top Bottom