Windows 7 Why Windows Explorer and other programs is not minimizing?

OliverPe

Windows Explorer is not minimizing when I open a file, and that same file opens correctly when I open it within the program.
But the issue extends with other files. For example when an external drive connects to my laptop the dialog box message (AutoPlay) goes to my taskbar DIRECTLY.

Solution
It sounds like there may be some issues with the behavior of Windows Explorer on your system. Let's address each of the problems you are facing:
1. Windows Explorer not minimizing when opening a file:
- This issue may be related to a setting or a software conflict. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can take:
- Check Task Manager: Look for any programs running that might be affecting the behavior of Windows Explorer.
- Restart Windows Explorer: Try restarting the Windows Explorer process to see if that resolves the issue.
- Check for Updates: Ensure that your Windows OS is up to date with the latest updates.
- Check for Software Conflicts: Some third-party software might be...
It sounds like there may be some issues with the behavior of Windows Explorer on your system. Let's address each of the problems you are facing:
1. Windows Explorer not minimizing when opening a file:
- This issue may be related to a setting or a software conflict. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can take:
- Check Task Manager: Look for any programs running that might be affecting the behavior of Windows Explorer.
- Restart Windows Explorer: Try restarting the Windows Explorer process to see if that resolves the issue.
- Check for Updates: Ensure that your Windows OS is up to date with the latest updates.
- Check for Software Conflicts: Some third-party software might be causing this issue. Try disabling startup programs to see if the problem persists.
2. File opens correctly within the program but not in Windows Explorer:
- If a file opens correctly within a program but not in Windows Explorer, it could be due to file association settings. You can check and reset file associations in Windows:
- Reset File Associations: Go to Settings > Apps > Default Apps and reset default apps for certain file types.
3. AutoPlay dialog box going directly to the taskbar when an external drive connects:
- This issue could also be related to settings. You can try the following:
- AutoPlay Settings: Check AutoPlay settings for external drives. Navigate to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > AutoPlay to adjust the behavior.
Try the steps above and see if they help resolve the issues you are facing with Windows Explorer and the AutoPlay dialog box. If the problems persist, further troubleshooting may be required.

Solution
Back