Windows 8 Wi-Fi and internet access but browsers won't load any sites

talvi laulu

A few hours ago my wifi connection was faulty and kept going off every few minutes. It eventually became stable but once it did all browsers (Chrome, FireFox, IE) suddenly won't load any pages. Chrome will open all Google pages such as Gmail and Google Docs, but no other webpages will load. I have tried disabing and enabling my network adapter through the settings. I've pinged 4.2.2.2 and Google. I've tried running on DNS servers 4.2.2.2 and 8.8.8.8. However none of that has made any difference.

Any other suggestions?

I would start by rebooting your router and modem. Bring the router back up first, wait 1 minute then bring the modem back up.

Type the following post the output then or at least the IP address, subnet mask gateway and dns servers

ipconfig /all

Type the following post the output then or at least the IP address, subnet mask gateway and dns servers

ipconfig /all
I <i>think</i> I have fixed it (at least for now) by resetting the winsock catalog. Hopefully the issue won't start again so for now thank you so much for your help!

ipconfig /all
When I run this, the log flashes on the screen and then disappears. It does not appear on the desktop.

Back
Top Bottom