Windows 8 Widows 8 Crashes suddenly.

Viswam

My Laptop crashing without any information or blue screen. Its happening 1 or 2 times everyday.

I am attaching SF diagnostic details. Please let me know how to resolve this.

Attachments

• SF_24-12-2012.rar
    293.8 KB · Views: 319
There aren't any crash files in the uploaded info.

MSINFO32 only points out one crash - and it blames ewusbwwan.sys (a driver for your USB Mobile card)
Please update the drivers for this device and ensure that they are Win8 compatible. Test by removing the device and it's software to see if the problems stop.

You have the 2008 drivers from the Western Digital software installed - and they are known to cause BSOD's in some Win7 systems. Please un-install them.

There aren't any entries in the reports that identify the problem directly. There are a lot of network issues, particularly with the Mobile Partner. OUC service. I have to wonder if the USB Mobile card is damaged. Please remove the software for this device, then remove the device from your system to test.

There are no dump files. It does not create any. Just the system goes off and some times it won't switch on for 2 to 3 minutes.
I will try to remove usb mobile card and run the system for testing.

Your description seems to show that this is a hardware problem. Since it won't switch back on for a while, please check that the vents are clear, then blow out the vents with canned air (DO NOT use an air compressor or a vacuum cleaner - it may cause damage to the system). Finally, use a free utility (such as HWiNFO, HWiNFO32 & HWiNFO64 - Hardware Information and Analysis Tools ) to monitor the temperatures.

No crash in last two days. Using HWiNFO program.

Core temp are min 63 C to max 98 C. Is it normal temperatures ?
I have attached the screen shot. please let me know if there are any problems.

Attachments

• HWinfo-scr1-26-12-12.JPG
    HWinfo-scr1-26-12-12.JPG
    122.5 KB · Views: 446
Everything is way, way too hot!!!

I'd strongly suggest posting over in the Hardware forums for assistance in cooling this system down!
Here's a link to there: PC Hardware

Ok I will do the same. But Can this be due to windows 8 for any reason ?, because I never had this problem In the past two years with windows 7.
To day it crashed once, HWinFO log shows the temp are around 85C at the time of crash.

IMO you have to fix hardware issues (to include overheating) BEFORE you can troubleshoot software issues.

The system shutting down without leaving a memory dump file is suggestive of a hardware problem.
The fact that it won't reboot for a while (until the system has cooled down a bit) is suggestive of overheating.
There aren't any indications that this is software/Win8 related (but there was the suggestion that there might be a problem with the wireless USB networking device).

Back