Windows 8 Wifi disconnects from all devices when shut off

Jacob Mendoza

So only recently, we have been experiencing disconnects from our router on all 3 computers and our Xbox 1. When they are turned back on, they are completed disconnected from the internet and must be manually reconnected which has been very annoying. The connection is fine until I close down one of the devices and turn it back on, the connection is completely lost. Its not that its forgotten because we can just click connect and it will reconnect after 3 minutes. The same happens on our Xbox 1 when we power it up, its disconnect from the internet and therefore Xbox Live, and it has to be rebooted and reconnected which takes almost 10 minutes for it to reconnect. We have 2 Lenovo Y510P and 1 HP Envy all running windows 8.1. I'd appreciate anyone that can help out, as I am clueless to the fix even though it may be simple. Not sure if its a router problem and where I could go to fix that if someone could point me in the right direction.

Have you checked for a router firmware update? Make sure that all your wifi devices has the latest wifi drivers installed as well.

Back