Windows 7 Wifi Interfering with audio playback

swbhoy

Hi ,
Apologies if this issue has been raised but I've done a search and no matches.
My issue is as follows;
When I play audio (any audio whatsoever so mp3s, movies, you tube, speech on games etc etc) I frequently get a loud an irritating intermittent buzzing sound (even on the Windows startup tone) that on closer listening sounds like a lag of some kind.
I've ruled out performance as an issue as its a brand new (1 week) PC running 6GB of ram , dual core processors etc etc . Also resintalled the sound card driver and still the same.
Google search has shown other Windows 7 users with similar problems and several suggestions that it may be wi-fi interference. So I disabled my Wifi adapter and lo and behold.......no problem, mp3's and movies play perfectly.
So I know that the wi-fi is the problem. My issue is , what do I do about it? Clearly its not remotely workable to have a PC that can only play decent audio when I'm offline so how do I go about fixing it.
I acknowledge that this may be a hardware issue but think its unlikely given that its a) a brand new PC and b) other Windows 7 users seem to be having similar problems. I'm using all the same apps (jukebox etc) and the same wireless signal / router than I have on my Vista OS notebook and have no problems with that at all.
This is seriously spoiling my new PC experience so any help / suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help
Steve

Honest answer is I have no idea. I'll check my network card when I'm at home and post the specs here in a few hours.
Can I ask why it would help if it did support 802.11 N?

the draft-N spec is unfinished *hence the "draft"*
It's notorious for causing interference with everything from A-Z

Hey

Thanks for the responses so far. Just looked up my PC's spec's on line and it lists the following;

Networking Network adapter - Integrated
<LI class=even>Wireless LAN Supported Yes Data Link Protocol Ethernet , IEEE 802.11b , IEEE 802.11g , Fast Ethernet , Gigabit Ethernet , IEEE 802.11n (draft)
<LI class=even>Compliant Standards IEEE 802.11b , IEEE 802.11g , IEEE 802.11n (draft)
Does this help me and if so what can / should I change?

Thanks
Steve

Back
Top Bottom