Windows 10 Wifi status on system tray

kay5ive

Hi, when i click to open the available wifi networks there is no list shown in system tray. I have windows 10

Sent from my Hol-U19 using Tapatalk

Hi, when i click to open the available wifi networks there is no list shown in system tray. I have windows 10

Hi,
have you tried rebooting the machine?

Did you install anything new recently, drivers, software or hardware?

Can you right click on the start menu icon and from the revealed list choose Device manager. See if any yellow question marks are there particularly where the wifi/network component should be.

Check your wifi router (if you have one) and if need be restart/troubleshoot.

Driver seems to be installed correctly. Actually, there is some commands mistakenly clicked by me and wifi available network(list) hide.

Morning Kay5ive,

Does this mean:

Actually, there is some commands mistakenly clicked by me and wifi available network(list) hide.
You mistakenly hid the network wifi list and have since found it?

Let us know anyway.. :)

No, not still find it. It is still hide and i don't know that it is hide or delete something

Please provide make/model of your computer. Is it a desktop PC or laptop/tablet? Is it a self-built PC you built yourself? Or an OEM computer (Dell, Acer, HP, Toshiba)?

Laptops still come with a Wi-Fi switch, which often gets turned off if you remove it from your home and travel with it somewhere. The process of putting the laptop into a carrying case and then taking it out again multiple times can easily move the switch to the off position where you will disable your laptop's Wi-Fi and thus won't get any list of Wi-Fi networks to popup on your windows screen to connect to! Here's an example of what that switch looks like:
Laptop wi-fi switch1.png

Other laptops, most modern ones have done away with that physical switch and use a keyboard combo of 2 or more keys to enable/disable the wi-fi radio inside of your laptop as pictured here:
Laptop wi-fi switch2.png

Enabling your Wi-Fi switch by sliding a physical switch or using a combo keystroke will usually solve this problem.:up: If it doesn't, then you may have anything from a failed driver from a recent Microsoft or other update on your computer, to a failed hard drive. If you get to this point, you should consider testing your hardware. You can use this free TROUBLESHOOTING GUIDE I wrote to help you available here:
Windows 10 - Unclickable Task Bar

Let us know how you get on.
Best of luck,:encouragement:
<<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>>

welcome to windowsforum, kay5ive … you might also review your wi-fi settings in w10 pc-settings:
  1. pc-settings / network-internet / wi-fi
  2. here you can choose to enable/disable wi-fi
  3. if desirable, click "show available networks"
  4. once this happens, an interface appears (above system-tray)
    • here, you can click "wi-fi" to view all connections (within your proximity).
also … pls understand wi-fi is not inherently secure … your connection can be hacked and your pc can be compromised/exploited.

you may also consider posting screen-cap if your issue has not been resolved by our efforts, kay5ive. another suggestion would be to post your question directly to the forum of your laptop manufacturer … the forum for toshiba is forums.toshiba.com … thanks.

Attachments

• finished_image.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 364
Last edited:
When you click the network icon lower right in task tray you see a choice to turn WiFi on. If connected by Ethernet but all other devices are connected by WiFi via the router, they should be visible. Did you mistakenly click the off switch on the keyboard.?
Are you phones getting online visa WiFi which would mean you have a secure network.
Did you just change your password and need to click "forget" to 'view' your SSID?
Good luck.

Back