Windows 7 Will 8GB of RAM speed up your system?

It would if you are useing the 64bit ver of 7, otherwise you have to deal with whatever system cap you have. you have to be running windows 7 64bit to be able to utilize anything higher than 3 to for gb of ram.

mattradetski I'm pretty sure most of us (if not all) knew that. But anyways, why wouldn't I be running 64bit? :S

Statisticly speaking, only about 40 to 45% of users are using 64bit software, and useually are the ones running graphicly intensive software or games. Infact most software programmers use the 32bit versions.

i hear on the grape vine that MS are testing 128bit code dunno what version of windows its going to be probably one of those stupidly fast multi petabyte proccessing super computer OS's you all know the type i'm talking about 5000 cpu's 500GB ram 20~100 terabytes of HDD's the sorta thing if Crysis ran on it you'd 50,000fps or something silly like that :D,
so im thinking well 4GB of ram is rather mandatory for 64 bit OS's ( although they say 2GB) cough"chug chug"cough so if we are going that way i can see 8+ GB of ram fast becomming a reality with more and more 64bit apps and games and we all know ssd's aren't as fast as accessing data from ram so the more the merrier i say, atleast I'll be going upto 4gb when i get my copy of win7 64bit 2's ok for now with just a 32bit system but evan that can start to chug sometimes

It would if you are useing the 64bit ver of 7, otherwise you have to deal with whatever system cap you have. you have to be running windows 7 64bit to be able to utilize anything higher than 3 to for gb of ram.
You also have to be using the 64 bit of Vista to be able to use all your memory

Back