Windows 10 Win 10 BSOD Inconsistent

kayos

Hello
My new build Win 10 crashes almost daily. I use it most of the day every day and its fine, only when I leave it for a few hours it almost always crashes and restarts.
The machine is not set to sleep, but the screens sleep after 10 mins. When im using it they will sleep and recover no problem.
All parts of the machine are new in Dec 15 apart from ..... the gpu !! Its a nvidia quadro nvs 450 with latest win 10 compatible drivers from nvidia. If this was the problem surely there would be consistent ref to it in the dumps .. ?
Ive run memtest for 4 hours (reading forums this should be for 12 hours I note) and it has shown no errors.

I was about to buy new memory, or look at replacing the gpu but I wanted to get some analysis first and this site seems to be the most productive :)
Attached is W7F extract

Attachments

• W7F_30-01-2016.zip
    1,012 KB · Views: 641
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1A, {41201, fffff6bfffbb3018, f434d519bc60a94d, ffffe001fedb4680}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+109fd )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
Bugchecks that you sent range from 1A to 133,139 and 1E. Looking through them didn't really give the exact culprit although i have a feeling it's a driver based issue as apposed to a hardware one.
Looking through your dump file you do have some drivers which are in need of updating as well as your Bios which also has a stability update available
Your gpu it is compatible with Windows 10:
Which NVIDIA GPUs are supported in Windows 10?

AsIO.sys Wed Aug 22 10:54:47 2012: Asus PCProbe Utility
AsUpIO.sys Tue Aug 03 03:47:59 2010: ASUS hardware monitoring software related

ASUScr.sys Thu Mar 28 17:44:37 2013: ASUS USB 3.0 Boost Storage Driver

ASUSFILTER.sys Tue Sep 20 16:46:33 2011: ASUS USB Hub filter driver

IOMap64.sys Tue Jul 02 09:27:47 2013: ASUS Kernel Mode Driver ?Asus Smart Doctor/iTracker 2 Asus GPU Tweak
Please update the above as well as your chipset drivers using the drivers on your motherboard support page:
ASUS UK
Don't forget about the Bios update I mentioned.

point64.sys Wed May 18 09:07:20 2011: Microsoft IntelliPoint Filter Driver please update:
Microsoft Accessories

I noticed one of the crashes happened whilst using an app called ShareScope Pro? I just wonder if this is compatible with win 10?

As some dump files pointed to corruption try running these scans:
File scans
Right click on the Start menu icon and from the revealed list choose 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

If the first scan found files it could not repair but the second scan is successful, run the first scan again using the same command prompt box and this time it should repair the files found.

If after trying the above changes the bsod still persist we can try the driver verifier but first you must create a recovery disk/USB as sometimes the verifier can induce a reboot loop on start up. You'll need the recovery disk/USB to boot into safe mode and turn the verifier off but first let's try the above changes.
Post any new dump files.

kemical thankyou so much for your quick response :)

I updated the BIOS when I built the system but didnt think to check for an issue there. Ive flashed the latest Jan 2016 2202 BIOS now, and also installed the latest Asus Intel chipset drivers.

I didnt have time for anything else yesterday but left it running for the afternoon and overnight (with Sharescope running) - amazingly it hasnt crashed at all.

Most of those Asus drivers are actually with the latest installation files which I used during the build.

Ill run a file scan anyway as the crashes may have caused some corruption, and I'll post back early next week on the current stability.

sfc /scannow found corrupt files unable to fix. CBS log in attached zip

dism finished with error source files not found. The cmd line output is attached along with DISM log in zip

Attachments

• dism.zip
    454.3 KB · Views: 268
Hi,
looking through the logs it seems the corruption is associated with the Store. Simply for ease try running the Store app troubleshooter found here:
Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps - Windows Help -

If it runs ok and seems to do something then try running the SFC scan again and see if the corruption is gone.

Failing that you could always read this page which will show you how to create a source for the DISM scan:
Repair a Windows Image

Store troubleshooter ran ok after I set up a MS account, but I dont use store anyway.
SFC scan failed again.

Also - bad news - it crashed again yesterday afternoon ...
Blusescreenview:
hal.dll hal.dll+2949 fffff802`51fdd000 fffff802`52050000 0x00073000 0x5632d17a 30/10/2015 02:10:02
ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+14d2e9 fffff802`51811000 fffff802`51fdd000 0x007cc000 0x568b1c58 05/01/2016 01:28:56

Reliability Monitor:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
Code: 139
Parameter 1: 3
Parameter 2: ffffd0019cf14670
Parameter 3: ffffd0019cf145c8
Parameter 4: 0

Ill keep it going for a few days to get some more data

Code:

BugCheck 139, {3, ffffd0019cf14670, ffffd0019cf145c8, 0}

Probably caused by : win32kfull.sys ( win32kfull!TimersProc+2bf )

Hi,
this is being caused by a driver mismanaging an internal LIST_ENTRY-style linked list. Let's run the driver verifier and see if we can find the troublesome driver.
First though you need to create a recovery disk/USB drive. This is simply in case the verifier causes a bsod loop on start up, you'll need the recovery drive to boot into safe mode to turn the verifier off.
Creating a recovery drive - Windows Help -

You must make the recovery drive before using this guide:
How do I fix a Blue Screen in Windows using Driver Verifier?

Hopefully the offending driver will be recorded on the resulting dump file.

OK thanks for the quick analysis
Ive already got a recovery disc - which has been tested and works :)
Ill have to set aside some time to do this later as the machine is my 'daily driver'

It actually crashed while I was using this afternoon, so Ive run the verifier now.
It wouldnt even start up properly with verifier, so hope weve found the culprit.

Interestingly I didnt have to use the recovery CD as Windows failed to startup twicw then came up with recovery options including start up options :)

Attachments

• 020116-12031-01.zip
    122.7 KB · Views: 248
Code:

BugCheck C4, {2000, fffff800c45aa980, 0, 62527050}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ASUSFILTER.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ASUSFILTER.sys
Probably caused by : ASUSFILTER.sys ( ASUSFILTER+a980 )

Hi,
good job! The driver caught by the verifier is:

ASUSFILTER.sys Tue Sep 20 16:46:33 2011: ASUS USB Hub filter driver

Try either removing, or updating. Links above.

Let's hope this is the culprit..

that driver relates to the USB Root Hub xHCI. I uninstalled it and rebooted, now its up and running again but only with the microsoft driver USBHUB3.sys, so hopefully thats cured it.

Once again ill monitor it and report back over the next couple of days

Thank you so much again for your help with this :)

Your very welcome Kayos, I hope all goes well but if not post back with any new dump files.

No more crashes and all seems stable. Just need to have a play with tuning the mobo and overclocking next :tongue:

Im surprised ASUS allow these old rogue files out with their software.

Once again many thanks for your help :applaud:

Hi Kayos,
your very welcome.. :) Thank you for updating your thread and good luck with the tweaking.. :)

Back